| 20 |

A/N: Guys, this is a double update since you won't get one next week. So here is the early one. Love you all!

"You didn't have to drop me off at my place." I said in a gentle voice. I wanted him to drop me off, but I didn't want to come off as a desperate person who just wants to cling to one man, even if that was exactly who I was at that moment.

He chuckled, "Trust me, love. I know you well enough to know that you wanted this as much as you wanted that kiss." He reminded me of the awkward kiss we shared back at the restaurant. I didn't know of how to react to it or if whether I should tell anyone about this.

"Shut up." I lamely dismissed.

"If that's what you want, love." He smirked before turning the radio on. Ironically the chorus of the song I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift started to play. I rolled my eyes as I looked out the window, purposely refusing to make eye contact with Jae. There was something about him, the way he'd call me love made me weak at my knees and made me want to give myself to him but I didn't want that.

"I should get going." I declared, finally letting his eyes. His right hand was on the wheel while the left hand was holding onto the gear of the car. "Hmm." He replied, not bothering to say more in response. But neither of us loved, we just lost ourselves in each other's company once more as he leaned over, this time fast but unexpected, at the same time. I didn't move back or even fight it, instead, I leaned in too and pressed my lips against his nude pink ones. The passion burned a tingling sensation across my body and made me want more. Wordlessly, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me as we made out. I could feel his warm hands slid across my waist before sliding up my back, lifting the hem of my shirt up to reveal a bit of skin.

Just before anything more could happen, a blinding spotlight shone on our faces and forced us to stop what we were doing. I froze before coming to my senses, resulting in me pushing away from Jae and climbing out of his car. I didn't say anything to him, which I immediately regretted as I slammed his car door shut. He was about to leave his car until he watched my father stand in front of me with an angry expression on his face. "Get inside! Now!" I looked down apologetically, before mouthing an apology to Jae and heading home.

"Where is your brother?" My dad asked angrily, before pulling his tie off of him.

"I don't know." I whispered to myself before turning around on my seat to watch my brother walk into the house, his expression drastically changed from calm to anxious and worried.

"Where were you?" My dad interrogated.

"I was dropping off a friend." He answered, not revealing the complete and full truth. I turned back to stare at my dad who didn't know what to say in response. A part of me was grateful that my dad didn't see Jae's face and didn't know who he was.

"I want you both asleep! Now!" My dad angrily ordered us, despite wanting to obey and not fight him, neither of us were capable of moving ourselves, it was like we froze in time.

"Dad?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear. "Is everything okay?" His temper was unreasonable, as if it was cooked up before he even saw us both.

"Just please go to bed." He sighed, rubbing his forehead. This time, Ro and I both obeyed him without question and headed upstairs. We both knew something was wrong, but we knew there was no way we could help him unless he wanted to let us help him. I walked towards my bedroom when Zero followed, "Did you get here safely?"

I nodded, "I am in one piece, aren't I?" I chuckled, "Jae dropped me off."

"Good good." He repeated, looking distant. I sat on my bed and patted the comforter, wordlessly asking him to join me by sitting beside me.

"You took quite a while to get here." I stated, waiting for his explanation.

"We headed to Talia's house and found nobody inside. The whole place was dark so we decided to wait for a while. Then we called her and couldn't get to her." He said, but before he could tell me more, I cut him off, "What? Is she okay? Why didn't you call me?" I was worried about my best friend, obviously.

"Hold your horses, kiddo." He chuckled a little, "We didn't call you because we didn't want to create unnecessary drama, and she is fine now. We called Jae and found out that when she chased him down, she got a call from her dad who demanded that she went to his office, which lead to June driving her there and keeping her company."

"So what about her dinner?" I asked him, worrying about whether or not my best friend had eaten or not.

"He said he'd pick up food for her on the way there." He answered, and finally spoke a bit more, "So Luna took the meal and figured she'd eat it with her dad since she packed hers."

"Did you eat?" I finally asked him, looking at his tired eyes.

He nodded, "With her dad." I laughed a little, her father was definitely not the kind to let just any boy or man get close to his daughter, so I was surprised that Ro met him and even got to have dinner with him.

"How did that go?" I asked him, joking a little.

"It was... different." He choked out the last word as a joke. We both laughed a little. Silence eventually joined us, but he threw the poor presence away by opening his mouth, "What about you and Jae?"

I turned a little pink and avoided making eye contact with him, "Well, we ate dinner and then headed back here." My brother nodded in approval but the keeping secrets from him part was eating me alive a little. "We might have kissed." I said in a low and quiet tone. Zero looked up at me and glared out of shock, "Please don't hurt him."

He smiled as he looked at me, the smile was warm and comforting, which surprised me a little. He finally said something, "I won't kill him or you if you don't kill me or Luna for kissing too." I gawked at him, shocked by his words, "The kiss that happened when she was drunk or-?" My voice faded.

"I kissed her before coming home." He simply said before standing. He walked towards the door and turned around to face me, "Promise me that?" I couldn't bring words to my tongue, so nodded instead.