27.Almost

Finian and I wondered around the gardens, the air cool. The moon sat above us, bathing us in pale light as we twisted around flowers and statues. The music flowed outside, allowing us to listen to the beat.

I looked up at my mate as we walked, my arm tucked over his. He gazed around, oblivious of my stare.

I took in his features as I often found I did. I was completely captivated by him, not just his looks but his personality too.

I raised my hand and ran it over his smooth jaw, surprising him. He smiled down at me, his scar pulling. His dark blue eyes swirled as he pulled me closer to him.

We pulled to a stop in front of the pavilion, facing each other. I smiled affectionately as he stepped up into it.
"Dance with me?" I grinned, looking over my shoulder before following him.

The music wasn't overly loud out here, but because of our sensitive hearing we still kept up with the beat.

Finian placed his left hand at my waist, his fingers brushing the exposed skin of my back. I almost moaned at the contact, choosing instead to set my shoulders.

I placed my right hand next to his neck, my other clasping with his. We began a slow waltz, our eyes locked. As the tempo increased we spun faster, my gaze swirling as I cackled in joy.

I ducked under his arm and twisted away, before spinning back into his chest. His gold gaze burned into my flesh as he pulled me closer, his face dipping to my neck.

"You look so beautiful." He whispered against the erogenous spot on my neck, causing a shiver down my spine and eliciting a moan from my mouth.

I whipped around to face him, his hands on my back as he pulled me against him. He squeezed my waist almost threateningly, growling lowly. I could feel every inch of his masculine body as we gripped each other.

I held my breath as he leant down, his gold eyes staring at my lips. The anticipation had my muscles tensing as I pressed up onto my toes, our noses touching lightly. My tongue nervously darted out to wet my lips, Finian's gaze catching the movement.

When his lips finally pressed against mine, I nearly collapsed into his arms. My eyes fluttered closed and my hands came up to rest against his jaw as our mouths moved together. His hands roamed and caressed my back and arms as the kiss deepened, my mouth opening.

I moaned against him as our tongues collided, dancing with each other like we had been moments before.

I'd been kissed before, but our mate bond ensured that my entire body was vibrating with need and excitement. My skin was covered in goosebumps, the hairs on my arms standing. My entire body was tingling. I could of stayed with him forever, but that apparently wasn't going to happen.

"Um, Regina?" I pulled away, furious at the person who interrupted, my fangs shifting as I hissed.

"What?!" Anna stepped away hesitantly, looking between Finian and I. I sighed, awkwardly glancing at my smirking mate.

"Sorry, what's up?" I walked toward her, my hand clasped with the gleeful alpha.

"Celeste wanted me to fetch you, The Immortal Faction have uh, rioted?" I groaned, throwing my head back in frustration before following the young witch.

She led us into the library then the sanctuary, a select few people in the space, including Herald. I pushed passed Cosima and Celeste to stand in front of the map, my mouth dropping in shock.

They had zoomed in on Europe, more specifically Romania. The border around the country was completely covered by purple dots. Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria, the line where they each surrounded Romania were purple, and there was a gap, a radius of space that was void of orange, as if people had fled.