Chapter - Four

A/N at the end of the chapter :D

Heavy huffs and shallow coughs echoed through the dojo. The air was heavy and smelled like sour sweat. The three out of the four brothers had been doing their nightly training routine and were now doing some stamina training which was Raphael's favourite kind of training.

Leonardo was on all fours on the floor doing push ups while murmuring numbers to himself. Sweat dripped off from his damp forehead and his biceps. Short gasps being inhaled and heavy shaking huffs being exhaled when he reached 130. New record. Nice.

Donatello was clenching his Bo-staff in his grasp. Both hands placed around the center to balance out the swings he was giving to the old, worn out training dummy. Grunts and huffs left his mouth with every hit he laid on the dummy. His brow was flexed under the loose purple mask, his cinnamon eyes focused as he gave the dummy another round of hits.

Steady huffs left Raphael's clenched jaw, as he lifted the 50 pound heavy hand weight with his right hand. His muscles clenching and relaxing everytime he bought it down to rest on his thigh before lifting it again with a slight grunt.

After they've been training for a good hour they took a break. They all groaned in exhaustion and appreciation for getting a break, Leonardo slumped down onto the floor and rolled over into a criss cross positioning and sat up and started stretching his arms out. He sighed in relief when a joint in his left shoulder popped. He continued to pop and crack his fingers in a slow motion, trying to relief some of the tension that build up in them.

,,Stop that Leo. It's annoying me.'' Interrupted the red claded turtle and dropped his weight onto the training mat underneath him and stood up. His shoulders slightly swaying around as he walked around and stretched out with his arms above his head.

Leonardo huffed annoyed and placed his palms down behind him and leant back with the support from his arm holding him up.
,,Raph, we pop our joints all the time so, what's the problem with me doing it now?'' He asked with a raised eyebrow. Raphael turned his back and continued to stretch his arms.

,,Push ups doesn't make your joints crack and pop as if you'd just trained for hours.'' He mumbled and grabbed his black towel rag from the weight holder. Leonardo shook his head in disbelief of Raphael's childish behavior and looked at Donatello who was drinking furiously from his water bottle.

Donatello wasn't the type who sweated a lot. His body kept the heat inside without being properly able to let it out so he drowned the cold water as if his life depended on it.

,,Well at least I do something that's more effective to my body's muscles instead of only having my brains focus on my biceps.'' Leonardo spit back and stood up. He grabbed his right arm with his left and pulled slightly before his right shoulder popped. Raphael gave him a deadly stare and growled.

,,Well! At least I ain't slackin' like some other shellhead among us 'ere are!'' He yelled out. His accent coming out thicker as it usually did when he was getting annoyed, and threw the towel to the floor. Leonardo's grin faded quickly as his brow furrowed as he looked dangerously at Raphael.

,,Don't you dare bring Mikey into another one of your fits Raph.'' He warned and Raphael let out a snuck laugh and continued.

,,Seriously Leo? How can I not by now? What even is his deal!? One night everything is fine! And the next day he fuckin' passes out while training and starts screaming about some oh so dangerous monster Donatello! Uuuh!'' He yelled out furiously.

,,Raphael. Last warning. Don't-''

,,Oh? Don't what Leonardo?'' He shot back. That was it for Leonardo as he started walking aggressively towards Raphael. Raphael laughed and got into a fighting stance and Leonardo neared him.