Chapter Nine

It’s been two years since I’ve been back to Seattle. Two years since I’ve seen Harley. I wrote him letters all the time but I was scared to send them. I mean, he didn’t send me any either.

My blonde hair was in waves as it covered my face while I walked down the street to the local coffee shop. Something I missed about Seattle was their coffee, there was nothing like it.

I rummaged through my bag looking for my wallet, I could never find it when I needed it. I stood in line still pushing around things in the huge bag, I mean it wasn’t like the wallet was small or anything.

“Can I help who’s next?” The girl at the counter spoke sweetly.

I looked up to realize that I was in fact the next in line. “Oh, no.” I shook my head, “I’m still looking.” I told her and then turned around to the people behind me, so they could go first.

“Honestly.” I muttered as I sat in a chair, my bag sitting on top of the table as I still rummaged around the small space. I mean how many places can it hide in here?

I searched the whole purse and came up empty. I could have sworn that I put it

in the bag. Sighing I stood up, throwing the strap over my shoulder, I walked out.  I guess I’d have to do without coffee for today.

“Hey.” I heard a familiar voice ask from behind me. I knew instantly that it was Harley and I froze.

“Come on Harley.” I heard a boy tell him, “She’s not coming back.”

Who were they talking about? Did Harley have another girl? I say that like were still together. I mean it’s been two years, he’s allowed to have other girlfriends, hell I expected him to at least have one. He was so handsome and his personality was perfect, anyone would have picked him up.

“Caroline?” He questioned his voice determined. That did it, he said my name. Oh how I missed him.

I turned around and grinned, “Harley?” I asked, even though I knew it was him.

I saw his eyes light up and the crazy grin that I’m sure was on my face was mirrored on his. “I knew I’d find you eventually!” He smirked as he closed the little space between us and took me in his arms.

“So you’re a real girl?” The guy, who I’m assuming is Harley’s friend,  asked next to us.

“Of course she’s a real girl Carson.” Harley laughed looking me up and down, “You look good baby girl.”

I blushed, how could I not? “Thanks.” I laughed, “You don’t look so bad yourself Har.”

“Awe thanks babe.” He smirked and then looked at Carson, “Dude, give us a minute.”