Chapter 18

A week has passed since the last time Damien and I have seen each other. We are both slammed with work, he is also having trouble with some of his pack members taking Tony's side. We haven't told anyone else what we plan to do yet but Tony has been running his mouth, so Damien isn't too pleased with his Beta right now.

Lost in thought it took me a minute to register that someone had knocked on my door.

Before I could answer, Thrain walked in with a grin on his face.

"What do you want?"

"That's not a nice way to speak to your Beta Lys" He grinned cheekily at me

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit wound up at the moment"

A frown took over his face "Yeah, I've noticed. So has the rest of the pack, your snapping at people and half shifting all over the place and your eyes are constantly red. You need to sort yourself out Alyssa, before you hurt yourself or some of the pack members"

I sat there in shock, I know I've been a bit agitated but I would know if I was starting to lose control like that, which is exactly what I told him.

"You haven't noticed because they have been small gradual changes, but some of the pack members are starting to get scared and Marty" He shook his head.

My head dropped in shame, Marty hasn't been himself lately and I was wondering why, now I know.

Thrain continued "You need to go see Damien and fully mate. If you don't, you will lose control. Remember what the seer said?"

Nodding, I remember what she said very vividly. If I fully lose control, I could decimate my entire pack and anyone in the vicinity. Still, I wanted a bit more time before we committed to anything, I know we are mates and that we were made for each other but I need to know who Damien really is.

"We aren't ready to fully mate yet"

"No, your not ready. I can guarantee Damien is"

"We still need to sort out the pack business"

"Your making excuses Lys. Your dangerous and you know you are, Damien is the only one who can keep you calm"

I sighed and let my head hit the desk making a loud thump. I know he is right, right now, I can feel my wolf becoming hostile towards everything and everyone and sooner or later something is going to happen and I can't let that happen.

Alpha! We need you at the south border

Thrain jumped up at the same time my head snapped up, we shot out of the office and into the forest behind the pack house. We shifted quickly and ran through the trees to the south border, the wind whipped through our fur and our paws felt like they barely touched the floor.

As we approached, there was a large group of people standing around the border guards.

Josh saw us and walked over as we shifted back, he handed us some robes and I noticed the look on his face.

"Alpha" He said as he bowed his head

I frowned, Josh didn't usually follow pack hierarchy with me.

"Josh, what's going on?"

Josh turned his head and began walking towards the circle "Alyssa. It's bad, you need to be prepared to see something really horrible"

"Josh" grabbing his arm, I stopped him "Tell me what's going on"

My heart is beating so fast, my nose twitching with the smell of blood. I can feel my wolves agitation rising to the surface. She wants her Gamma to respect her and her power and stop stalling. My hands were shaking and the smell of blood got stronger, my vision went red and my canines extended.

Everyone in proximity to me were forced to their knees under the immense pressure of my power rippling off me.

"Show me" My voice was hard and deep, my wolf taking part control. The crowds stepped aside leaving only the guards, they slowly stood and moved aside aswell.

What I saw bought bile rising to my mouth, which is hard to do with my past. My heart thudded and I heard gasps from the people who hadn't been there in the beginning. Before I knew what I was doing, I was beside her. A little girl, no more than 8 was laying on the ground, her limbs sticking out at odd angles, her previously blonde hair was dyed red with blood and matted. Her clothes were in tatters and a pool of blood was forming under her. I focused my hearing and could hear a faint heartbeat.

"Get the doctor here and everyone else needs to leave. She's still alive" I demanded without turning around

"Doctor is on his way Alpha. There's also something else" Josh stepped behind me and handed me a slip of paper "This was pinned to her clothes"

You can't save them all Lyssie

"Thomas fucking Bell" I growled

Before I could stop it, I shifted and my wolf took full control. She let out a long painful howl before turning and baring her teeth to everyone behind her. I give in and let her take over, I cant stop her now and I find I don't really want to. My heart is broken to know that Thomas has resorted to torturing pups to get back at me, my wolf stepped back so she was crouched over the little girl, she didn't want anyone to touch her. My white underbelly fur began to turn red with her blood.

Faintly I could hear Thrain and Josh yelling orders. The guards stepped back into a protective circle around us, that made her angrier, she swiped a paw at one of the guards legs and growled at the others. How dare they think she would harm any of her pack members, she loves her pack.

Thrain stepped forward with his hands raised, his palms faced toward her like he was trying to placate a wild animal, a small part of her brain realized she was acting like a wild animal but I was too far gone in the haze.

"Alyssa, you need to calm down. Your scaring everyone" His voice barely made it into my fogged brain

A loud, feral growl tore through my throat before she lunged forward and snapped at his leg. He managed to jump out of the way before she did any damage, he backed off and told everyone to stay away.

"Thrain" Josh called "Damien just crossed the border, he's coming this way"

"Good, he will be able to calm her down"

I had tuned out, my eyes flicking left and right to make sure no one came near us, but hearing that name made her ears twitch, she recognized that name. Thrain tried to come closer but another snap and he backed away. She has had enough of all this nonsense now, she needed to run and get away. She took one more look at the little girl before she turned around and bolted to the tree line. Yells followed us as we smashed through the trees, loud thudding footfalls sounded behind me.

She took off faster and a loud growl followed, she knew this would make him mad.

This game of chase went on for a further 30 minutes, she was starting to get tired but she wouldn't allow this male to overpower her. She would never let a male dominate her again. She was still angry enough that she wouldn't give control back. I, however, am starting to see the error of what I had done and I'm completely horrified at myself.

A few minutes later, I realized that she was getting distracted by animals to hunt. So while she was focusing on them, I took my chance and pushed myself to the front of my mind and took control back and forced her to run into a tree. We collided with the tree so hard, the tree broke in half. Damien was on us in a second, his jaws locking around our neck and his body collapsed on us. My wolf fought for control again, bucking and growling, trying to throw him off.

After a few minutes of fruitless fighting, she finally gave up and laid still under the heavy weight of Damien. She started enjoying the tingles that shot through our fur and into our very veins, the sensation was definitely more intense in wolf form.

Heyyy! I'm so sorry about the long wait :( I've been in hospital lol

So I hope you guys enjoy!