day 11

__

Calum and Michael called Luke about 1AM, telling him Ashton was awake making him the happiest person alive, he rushed to the hospital but the two boys were sat outside. "Why aren't you inside? I wanna see Ashton!" Luke exclaimed.

"He's just taking his pain killers. We're aloud in about ten minutes."  Michael said, and Luke sighed, pushing his body weight against the wall of Ashton's room. "He's okay, Luke."

"Okay, you're aloud in." A nurse, who had just walked out of Ashton Irwin's room, said to the three boys. Luke was first to go in and see Ashton and the sight was unbearable. His face was pale and blue, his eyelids heavy and eyeballs rolled back. Luke walked next to Ashton, touching his fingers slightly. Cold.

"Ash - Ashton? Ashy are you okay?" Luke frantically asked, and was relieved when Ashton was just able to lift his neck up, to face Luke. "Ashton, you're alive."

"My shoulder hurts." he complained, and Calum got the still cold but melted ice pack that was on the table, putting it on Ashton's shoulder. He smiled thankfully, adjusting the ice pack until he was comfortable.

"Have you heard from Jack?" Michael asked.

"No."

"Well, we have and he's in prison. Five, ten year sentece? Can't remember but it's about that." Calum said, and Ashton beamed.

"Thank god."

"Yeah, I know."

"So.."

"Um.."

"Guys, do you think I can talk to Ash alone? Just for a couple minutes." Luke asked politely. He needed to tell Ashton about the journal issue. He had an idea. The kiwi and the pink haired boy accepted his request, leaving the room. "Ashton.."

"Yeah?"

"Ashton, I should've told you this earlier. Before all of this messed up shit happened. I have a lot to tell you." Luke said. He didn't want to lie to Ashton, but he had to. He had to lie to Ashton. He didn't want him to kill himself. "Ash, I-I love you. I've loved you for so long now and I haven't had the chance to tell you."

Ashton looked shocked, and Luke backed away, pretennding to be hurt. "S-Sorry I shouldnt have said that. You don't love me back. I should erm, go."

"Luke! No!" he shouted, tears rolling down his face. "I love you, Luke. I've loved you for so long now and I couldn't tell you."

Luke walked over to Ashton, rubbing his hand. "C-Can I kiss you, Ash?" he asked, and Ashton started to beam.

"Luke, this is all I've wanted for the past three years. Please, just kiss me." Luke leaned in to Ashton lips, creating tension between them. He hated himself for doing this. He didn't love the curly haired boy more than a brother, but he had to do this. For Ashton.

"I love you, Ashton. So so much."

"I love you too."

After half an hour, Luke had to leave Ashton's room, and once he left Calum and Michael looked at him, confused. "Why did you and Ashton kiss?" Michael asked, unsure on the previous episode.

Luke ignored the two, and walked away outside of the hospital. He couldn't lie to Calum and Michael that he loved Ashton too? That would make him a horrible person. He's only trying to help Ashton right? He's doing nothing wrong.

"Luke, don't ignore us!" Calum shouted from across the carpark, but Luke just got into the front of the car and drove off. They can walk home. He didn't feel like taking any of their bullshit right now.

Once Luke got home, somehow, Michael and Calum were already there. They probably got a taxi or something, he crept in quietly, hoping not to get their attention. "Luke!" Michael shouted. Luke was startled, and looked back. "Why did you kiss Ashton?!"

"I told him I loved him when I don't I just don't want to hurt him as he loves me!" Luke shouted.

"If you don't love him, you'll have to break up with him when you're done! He'll get even more hurt, Luke!" Calum shouted.

"No he won't. I'm going to bed."