day 21

Luke woke up the next morning, as he slept in the L.A Hospital. Once he had opened his eyes however, he saw nurses unplugging the machine, making him wide awake. "W-What are you doing?" Luke shouted, but a nurse walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "W-Where's Ashton?". Once he realised his surroundigs, he noticed he was in the hospital bed and Ashton was on the chari, asleep.

"Sir, Ashton is over there. He's fine, you're not." they said, and Luke looked up at the nurse. "You got into a car crash the other day, Ashton was there. You were dreaming, and we think you have some case of schizophrenia."

"W-What? M-Me and Ashton didn't break up?" Luke exclaimed, sitting up on the bed. "Really? W-When is he going to wake up?" The nurse gulped and looked at Ashton sleeping peacefully.

"He's been asleep all night. You've been asleep for about two days, now. He's stayed with you all this time. And -"

"Luke!" Luke shot up from his bed, to see a frantic Ashton running up to him. Luke was scared, scared for himself because he swore what happene was real. It was real, he knew it was real. He and Ashton broke up. But them thoughts changed as Ashton placed a kiss to Luke's lips. "I thought you wouldn't wake up! I love you."

"I love you to. Nurse, when can I go home?" Luke asked warily. The nurse took a step back, looked down and then back up with sad eyes. "W-When am I leaving?" Luke asked.

"Luke, you're being sent to a mental centre for a month to get better." the nurse said, and Luke shook his head.

"No! I'm not going. I don't need help, I-I'm perfectly fine, it was just this once! Please..I'm in a band and I'm going on tour soon. I need to be there!" Luke defended. "You can't make me go."

"Discuss it with your boyfriend." The nurse said, before leaving the hospital room that belonged to Luke. Ashton looked at his boyfriend with sad eyes.

"Luke, you don't have to go if you don't want to, the nurse said if you don't go you'll get sent home this evening." Ashton explained, and Luke's tears started to fall down. Ashton climbed onto the bed, and snuggled into his side. "Please don't go. I'll miss you."

"I'm not going to go, Ashton. I'll never leave." Luke said, pecking Ashton's lips.

Wait, so Ashton never commited suicide? He still had to deal with the mental guilt of having to pretend to love Ashton? But really he was falling in love with him? It was all a dream...Ashton never said he hated Luke. Calum's text was never sent..The text! Luke got out his phone, and scrolled to Calum's name, and the last text was sent a week ago..It really was a dream. It was so real, though.

Once the nurse came back in, Luke looked up. "I'm not going." Luke said, and the nurse sighed. "I'm going home this evening."

"Yes, okay. You brought nothing here anyway. I'm sure Ashton could drive you home." she said, and Luke nodded.

It was all a dream. Luke was in the coma, not Ashton. Luke was almost dead, not Ashton. Luke got into a car crash, not Ashton. Luke was dying, and Ashton wasn't. Luke and Ashton never broke up, Ashton wasn't broken.

At that moment, Luke realised he was falling in love. In love with Ashton.