Chapter 9 (9-2)

Where you at? Taking care of something, what's up? You might wanna come back to the hotel, Brit said. What's wrong? Your boy made a move. What? Damn it Spider, im on my way. I just knew his ass was gon do that. Lakendra rushed back to the hotel as fast as she could. What the fuck you do? I took 2 of they ass out, im done playing this waiting game. Who you take out? The cop and that fake ass doctor. I swear your ass don't listen worth shit, Lakendra said. What happened? I took the doctor out first. I found out where his office was and posted up. You know these corporate motherfuckers stupid. Nigga had his name on his parking spot and shit. Saw him walking to his car, waited for him to open the door, and I popped his ass. So, you decided to do the shit where you could be seen? I sniped his ass from the building across the street. The building tall so I highly doubt somebody saw me. How you kill the cop? I know a few bitches that work dispatch. I called one of them had them give him a fake call, waited for him to show up, and that was it. His dumb ass came alone with no type of protection. I knew that was the best time to get his ass. Now we got 7 left to take out. I just hate you made a move without warning us. I saw the opportunity so I took it. At least I took out people that wouldn't be too obvious. Spider right, Jayson said. Taking out the people that don't have no real loyalty to Keenan was a smart move. Going after his brothers and his wife is the real challenge. Right now, we good. As long as im still getting in good with Re'lisha, we good. Y'all need to check in with Q. Why you say that? Y'all said y'all was unsure about him. With us putting our focus on everybody else, he could make a snake move. Damn! I like this little nigga, Spider said. Let's go pay Q a little visit, Lakendra said.

I went back to see Keenan mama. How that go? She actually wanna help. For real? Yeah, she was asking me what was Crystal like and stuff. I told her everything Keenan did to her. I asked about they childhood and stuff. I just wanted to know what I could use to break any one of them. What you come up with? They daddy left when Keenan and Merlo was younger. Darrian, DJ, and Perry was old enough to understand why he left. Keenan and Merlo think he left because of them. I was thinking try to find they daddy and use him. She thinks if she comes face to face with Keenan, that'll shake him up. He hasn't seen her in years so that might work. At the same time, I don't wanna put her in the mix like that. I told her if Keenan could kill his own brother and not care, he wouldn't care about doing it to her if it came down to it. Yeah, that's true. We just have to figure out how we can use her. I got it, Lakendra said. What? Remember Crystal said something about trying to find Merlo girlfriend and his kids? Yeah. That's our way of getting Merlo on our side. If we find them, we can get him to do whatever we want or we'll kill they ass. When I go back to they mama house, ill see if she knows anything about them. Have some type of picture of them or something. Sound like a plan to me. I swear I love how hard Lakendra going right now. I'm glad I found her ass in Jamaica. If it was left to Brit to get some type of justice, my ass just won't get it. Brit not about this life as y'all see. When you born and raised in the hood, you have that hood mental. Brit don't have that and that's cool. She still down to ride or die. Jayson wasn't born in the hood either but he got book smarts. Lakendra and Spider hood mental mixed with Jayson book smarts, a perfect team. Jayson thinks of the shit they don't think of. They think of the grimy shit Jayson not familiar with. If it came down to it, they probably let Brit get taken out. I hate to say that but it's true. She really not bringing nothing to the table. I'm not tripping that she not tho. She was down with me when I didn't have nobody. I just know if she gets in Lakendra way, she gon eliminate Brit ass all together.

Thought we was gon have to come looking for you, Lakendra said. No need for that, Q said. What's the latest news? Nothing really. So you ain't heard nothing? No, I told y'all I don't deal with Keenan no more. I haven't seen or talked to him since what happened. Your sister haven't gave you no information? I haven't talked to her in days. Why not? I feel horrible still about what happened. The fact I watched it all disgust me. I'm ready to go the right thing. What's that? I'm willing to help y'all get even. Only under one condition tho. What? If I agree to help y'all get even, I wanna be safe and able to leave town when it's all done. We already told you when it's done you free to go. I wanna be apart of the planning too. I don't know about that, Lakendra said. Just think about it, Q said. With me on y'all side will be a great advantage for y'all in every way. I'll know Keenan every move as well as my sister. I can tell Keenan I wanna work for him again. I'll have a close eye on him and everything he does. His brothers work for him too so ill have an eye on them too. I'm still not sold yet. What if I promise I will not stand in the way when y'all take out my sister? Who said we was taking her out? Come on now, im not that stupid. Y'all want revenge on everybody that was in on it. Outside of me and Ashton, we the only ones that didn't have nothing to do with it. You did give her AIDS, we can't forget that. Yes, that is true. AIDS is going to be the cause of my death anyway. Y'all won't get no satisfaction from killing me if im already dying. Y'all have something to gain from killing everybody else. Just take everything I said into consideration.

What you think? He seem like he serious but im still not sold. Using him might just be a good idea, Brit said. With him being able to get close to Keenan is the only thing he can provide. We can't get close to him like that. That's the only thing he can bring to our plan. The minute we tell Spider he was in that room too, Spider gon kill his ass. Rather he there to help or not. Spider ain't gon hear none of that. All he gon hear is, he was in the room too when it happened. You got a good point, Brit said. I still think using him could help. I'll keep it in mind for now. If we run out of options, I guess we can use him. Right now we just need to focus on the cards we have to play.