Chapter 13 (Do The Right Thing)

London want us to meet up with him, Jayson said. Why? He didn't say, he just wanted us to meet him. I told him we would meet him at Lucy's since it's closer. Did Re'lisha meet with him again? I haven't talked to her so im not sure. I'm hoping every went smooth and all of this will be over soon. They were headed to meet London when Jazmine called Lakendra. Dude wanna meet with you again, Jazmine said. Why? He just said he needed to see you ASAP. Did he say where? Same spot in 20 minutes. Shit, im busy right now. Tell him ill be there soon as I can. Who you meeting? Just a friend of mine, he been helping figure out what happened to Brit. I still think Spider the reason she got killed. Everybody was fine until he started killing people. If he would have stuck to the plan, she would be here. Let me just find out what happened or at least who did it before we start pointing fingers. Hey, thank y'all for coming so soon. What's up? I talked to your friend and now she's taking back everything she said. What? Why? I don't know, she seemed really shook. FUCK! Keenan must have found out she met with you and threatened her. But how would he find out tho? He has his ways, Lakendra said. She was so open and willing to do it yesterday. Yeah, Keenan must have gotten to her. Now we need to find another way to get him to confess. It ain't no other way, Lakendra said. Keenan too smart to fall for amateur stuff. Crystal wore a wire before and got him arrested. He not gon make that mistake again. Our only option at this point is to get one of his brothers to turn against him. If we can get anybody that was in the room to confess, we got him. But who? Everybody will be too scared to talk. I think I gotta plan, Lakendra said. What? Let me see if it works first then ill fill y'all in. London, can you give him a ride back to the hotel? Yeah, soon as I finish up here.

      Sorry im late, Lakendra said while sitting down. Who is this? This my brother Perry. You didn't say you were coming with somebody. It's ok, im just here to talk to you. I told him about our meetings, Merlo said. What about them? You said a lot of stuff that made sense and that really got us wondering. Let me ask you something, Perry said. You 100% sure Keenan using us? What type of question is that? I'll start with you Perry. Y'all haven't talked in years, Keenan had an issue with your sexuality from the jump so he never accepted nor respected you. All of a sudden, he reaches out to you crying wolf. Talking about if something happened to him, Crystal did it. You being his big brother, you felt it was only right and fair to come to his recuse. So, you took it upon yourself to try to kill her. She wasn't there when you started the house fire. You ended up killing her husband and her daughter. It gets traced back to you, you go to jail facing 2 murdered charges, 2 attempted murder chargers, and arson. Your ass was gon die in jail because of Keenan. He gets you out all so you could help kill Crystal. After hearing all of that out loud, you questioned rather he using you or not. Your situation ain't too much different Merlo. You did a bunch of shit for Keenan that im not even about to run down the list. You do all of this stuff for him, get paid a good amount of money for it, then go to jail. While you were in jail, he got his money back and he made your family move to where you can't find them. He gets you out of jail just so you can help kill Crystal too. Y'all sat there watched him kill her, her friend, and y'all own brother. Y'all don't think he will let y'all go down for all that shit? Not mention the death of Brit. Brit? We didn't touch her, Perry said. I told her the exact same thing when she told me about it. It don't matter who killed her, it's still gon be traced back to Keenan. Meaning, it'll be pinned on y'all. Then the death of everybody else. Who is everybody else? That cop, Jackson, and DJ. Wait, what? Our brother DJ? Yeah, y'all didn't hear? Hear what? They all were killed recently. No, we didn't hear shit. Keenan felt like somebody was gon snitch so he had them taken out. If he had them 3 taken out, that leaves y'all 2. Damn, that was a smart move. Lakendra working the shit out these folks. She trying to make sure they turn on Keenan ass.

      It was more of us in that room, Merlo said. Me, you, Keisha, Re'lisha, and Q. Y'all might as well get ready for it. He not gon kill his wife considering the fact they both got access to that little girl money. He gon take y'all out before her. He killed 2 of his brothers, that mean y'all ain't safe neither. It's best to turn on him before he turns on y'all. Merlo you got kids mane, you already don't know where they at because of him. I'll let y'all in on a little secret. Crystal has a friend that's a cop. He been on y'all ass since he found out she was dead. He trying to take all of y'all out for it. He don't want just Keenan, he want all of y'all that was in that room. Keenan done took out 3 people that was in that room already. Either he gon take y'all out or let y'all go down for it. Either way it goes, y'all fucked. Mane, I ain't trying to go down for this shit. You know how many murder charges we'll be facing if we do? I'm sure they gon take it all the way back from when he killed her fiancé. Then I killed a cop for this nigga, Merlo said. My ass gon be looking at the electric chair if we do go down. I killed an infant nigga, what you think they gon do to my ass? Sounds like y'all better do the right thing before it's too late. I ain't trying to go down for this, Perry said. All that money he done paid y'all gon go to waste when y'all in jail or dead. I ain't trying to do either, Merlo said. I might can help y'all that's IF y'all want the help. Whatever it is, ill do it. I'll talk to her cop friend, see if he can make some type of deal to where y'all safe. Y'all gon HAVE to turn on Keenan tho. Shit, im with it. His ass never liked me anyway, Perry said. I'll talk to the cop and ill meet up with y'all later.

     Jayson, where you at? Still atthe station with London. Ok, im about to be there in a few minutes. Everythingseemed to be coming together better than planned. It looks like they don't haveto kill nobody after all. As long as Keenan get killed some kind of way, ill becool with it. My planned worked, Lakendra said. What you do? I met up withMerlo again, this time he had Perry with him. I got both of them to agree toturn on Keenan. They said they'll do it as long as they're safe. How you getthem to do it? I just told them Keenan was gon pin everything on them. Theyknow they will be facing a lot of murder charges if they do go down. Everythingthey've done was for Keenan. Either he paid them to do it or feared them intodoing it. If they both confess and give you Keenan on a silver platter, theyneed to be safe. Wait, you want them to get off free for everything they'vedone? They took my whole family from me, Jayson said. They all should bepunished for it. I understand that, I do. They have a family of they own too. Keenangot Merlo's kids taken away from him. He have no idea to where they at. If hegoes to jail, he will never see them again. I guess you have a point, Jaysonsaid. I'm sure they much younger than me. It'll way more difficult to acceptnot having your father around. So, you willing to offer them that deal? As long as they cangive me Keenan, I can get them a deal.