Chapter one ~ a special day

It was the middle of a seemingly peaceful night on a little island. The cold and windy weather, was quite the opposite from what you would expect when you hear the word island.

The only village on the whole isle was completely silent and you could only hear the wind blowing from time to time. It always was like this at this time of the year.

Suddenly the silence was interrupted by an loud scream, followed by a few gun shots. This night was also known as the cursed night, be-

"Princess!" A voice yelled. I quickly looked up from my book to see my maid Lust. "Are you reading this book again, princess?" She asked, giggling slightly.

"Yeah..." I answered, not facing her. "Don't worry, princess, I can't blame you, it is a really great book!" The maid said, smiling "But you have to go to bed now! Tomorrow is your big day!"

I sighed. I always hated being a princess and Lust knew this. Heck, the whole castle probably knew this, but I couldn't do anything about, so I'm always trying to make the best out of it, wich sadly didn't really work.

I placed the book on my nightstand and snuggled into my sheets. "Good Night, princess!" Lust whispered when, she closed the door silently.

After a while of just laying in the bed I began to think about tomorrow and sighed. Tomorrow is my eighteenth birthday and my father, King Asgore, wanted to celebrate it with a party.

I didn't really liked the thought of being the center of everything, but I don't want to hurt fathers feelings, after all he did for me and my two younger brothers, Fresh and Error. He adopted and raised us, he even allowed me to wear jeans when I wasn't in public or we didn't had any guests.

I sure liked king fluffybuns, a nickname an old friend of him gave him. Everyone liked him. He was a good king, who cared about his people, but from time to time he was too soft.

Like that time he spared a known killer, wich nearly caused a rebellion, luckily that was prevented by our old judge, who disappeared mysteriously after that. All this thinking made me tired and I slowly fell asleep.

~meanwhile~

??? PoV

I lazily sat in my cabin, looking at a map, when someone knocked at the door. "Yeah?" The door swung open and Dust, my first mate, came in.

"Captain Reaper, I'm here to tell ya that we're about to arrive at our destination!" He informed me, his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "Oh good, tell everyone that they can go to sleep when we dropped the anchor." I ordered, in a rather bored tone.

"Aye!" He yelled and was about to leave when I interrupted him, with a mischievous grin on my face, saying "Oh and Dust, don't watch Blue while he's sleeping again!" He rolled his eyes, groaning and closed the door.

I chuckled while studying the map again. The kingdom where monsters and humans united, it's been long since I've been here the last time. I wonder how everything changed, heh pretty sure King Fluffybuns wouldn't be so happy to see us again, but who would be if they had to face a group of criminals, who nearly stole one of the most powerful belongings of the kingdom.

We probably had to use our human forms, if we would go into the capital, wich was very likely since the capital was the nearest city and we had fill up our stocks. Wait how do we sneak Blue, into the city, since he forgot how to turn into his human form... was he even with us, when we were here the last time? Meh, I don't think that's important.

I sat on my bed, leaning against the wall. Being a captain sure was exhausting, even if I had a really small crew. With me, we were only five people. Dust, my first mate, Blue, the healer, Papyrus, the cook and Sans the navigator. Yeah, it may be small but it still was exhausting. Especially since all of them had... their 'problems'.