chapter 5 - Madison

(Emma's pov) 

I feel Maddie staring at me again, Xerxes, after getting his memories back, said I should wait until Maddie starts noticing things are different before trying to explain what's going on. So I just have to deal with her distrustng me because 'Xerxes never told her about me until today', and the staring, she might be TRYING to be Creepy, just maybe. In the morning, Xerxes told Maddie there was somewhere specific the three of us needed to go. 

So the three of us planned two separate routes to get there, because Chantel is bound to have brought blood there, and so far what I know about this world is that blood wanted his cousins dead, so to get him off his trail, Xerxes faked his death, and became a serial killer under a new name. We told Maddie Blood would most likely be there, but he'll have someone keeping him from hurting her, she seemed reluctant but agreed because Xerxes reassured her. When we got to deciding who's taking which route, Xerxes didn't feel comfortable with Maddie going alone so... "if it worries you so much, me and Emma will go together, are you OK with that?" She asked, "yeah, I am... which route are we taking?" I quickly put out. 

Xerxes decided since Maddie has barely ever left this cottage before, that the two of us should take the shorter route. 

~(time skip)~ 

It was a small while ago when we set off and Maddie is errily quiet, I really, really wish she wouldn't do that. I assume we were like, halfway there, before she finally spoke up, "hey.", "what is it?", "what the fuck it going on?" She asked. "What do you-", "I know you know, I noticed that ever since yesterday, things have been weird, ever since you showed up, Xerxes... everything about him has been different." She claimed. I sighed, "Well, I guess I have to at least try to explain this." I mumbled before starting to explain the situation.