13: Confusion and Acceptance

[Baldi's POV]

The exact second I got home, I went on my phone and pulled up Google. Yes, I was confused as to what I'd been feeling. It was something I'd never felt, which I thought was a little concerning.

"Let's see..." I murmured aloud to myself. "Lightheartedness, butterflies in the stomach, feeling warm..." I tapped the Search button and waited for the results.

The first page was an article called, Am I in Love? Upon seeing that, my stomach dropped. Love? No, it can't be...

Frowning, I opened the article and began to read. Frankly, I was getting a little worried.

As I read through it, I felt more and more scared. Each "symptom" matched up exactly to what I was feeling. Finally, I placed my phone down and buried my face in my hands.

Yes, it was certain. I was in love with Princi. No, no... I can't. I can't just fall in love with someone who is my superior, business-wise. Someone who most likely wouldn't love me back.

Perhaps I'll just have to accept how I feel and move on. More importantly, why would Princi have the same feelings when I practically ditched him to attend university again? That was a bad move on my part, and it definitely didn't make me very loveable.

Now I was even more nervous to go back to school the next morning. How would I act normal, now knowing that I've fallen hopelessly in love with him?

I sighed and pushed the thought away. When the time comes, I thought, I can manage. I got up from the couch and decided to cook myself some dinner. The whole time, I was worrying about... well, everything.

Mostly about how I was to manage not acting weird around Princi. As I ate my dinner, I focused on other things—particularly my lesson plan for the next day.

To be honest, I loved planning things. It gave me a sense of having everything under control. Which I did... except for that one situation.

Oh, man... how am I going to tell Princi?

To Be Continued...