Scene 18

A/N : Let's enjoy Kong's POV for a few chapters na~

****

Kong could only smile at the sleeping man beside him. he finally got the kiss he wanted, even though it was just a small peck on the lips. It was not even a second, he was sure of it. And now he can't help but brought his hand on the older man's hair, brushing it lightly. He thanks God everyday that he chose a smaller bed for his room and not the king size one his friends told him to get. P' Arthit has a habit to get closer and cling to a warmer thing when he fast asleep, and today is no different. He curled up right beside Kong, face buried on his chest.

As he watched his now lover sleeping, Kong can't help but remember how they met for the first time..

.

.

.

"Euy, a handsome boy like you shouldn't be left alone." A voice was heard behind him, as he sit alone on the sofa at the corner of the room, with the glass wall beside him showing the night view of Bangkok. He reluctantly turn his head a bit, revealing a swaying person with a smile on his slightly flushing face. The older man clearly has been drinking before coming here.

"Can I sit beside you?" the older man smiled. Kong doesn't know why, he came to this almost deserted lounge to be alone, but instead of telling the man to go away he chose to nod his head. The man look so happy as he sit beside Kong.

"Um." Kong can't help but blinked his eyes a few times. He feels like he knows the man. At least for his face.

Wait..

"You're.. the finalist of that singer contest." Kong guessed. The stranger beside him laughed joyously.

"Oh. Wow. It's been years since someone called me that way." He said between his laughs. Kong has to admit that he was mesmerized by the laugh from the stranger man beside him.

"Ah.. sorry."

"Don't be." The man grins. "It's Arthit, by the way. Just call me Arthit."

"Phi.. Arthit." Kong repeated, he feels stupid right now. Fortunately, P' Arthit looks nonchalant when he ordered his drink to the barista not far from where they sit.

"Just drinking beer?" P' Arthit asked, pointing the glass in Kong's hand with a nod.

"I.. I don't really want to get drunk tonight." Kong doesn't know why he chose to tell the older man the truth.

"Pity. But reasonable." P' Arthit smiled as he compliments. "It's great for you to have fun, well, even though I don't think you're being fun right now, all alone like this. But at least you were not inside a boring meeting you decided to get drunk instead."

"..yeah?" a smile was pulled up on Kong's face, despite his gloomy feeling a while ago. P' Arthit nodded his head a few times, as if giving emphasize how it was really what happened to him. and then.. he blabbed. All about his complaint, about the company, about the bet that makes him a singer now. Kong listened to them all with interest, it was surreal.

"So you were really betting with your friend you could win the contest?" Kong asked with mirth. P' Arthit only shrugged like it was no big deal. Both of them drink their respective drinks after that. It was his third beer when he realized it. time goes fast when you're having a good company.

"I have to show them I can do it. I know at the time they weren't belittling me. But it was just a matter of principle." P' Arthit told him.

"Ah."

"I prove it to them that I can do it. and now I succeed making a career with my voice." The older man boasted proudly. There's a satisfied smile on his face and it makes Kong wants to pinch the older man's cheeks silly.

Euy. He doesn't know where that thought come from.

"It does feel good when you can prove it to them, doesn't it." Kong smiled. It turned bitter as the second ticks by.

"Hm?" P' Arthit certainly feels the sudden change of mood. "Euy. It has been only me who talk, now it's your turn."

"I.. I don't have many interesting story." Kong admit.

"hm.. what about the long face, then? Or about you being alone here?" P' Arthit raised one of his eyebrows, a knowing smile on his face.

Kong smiled helplessly, he sighed before starting his story. "My father wants me to pursue a degree to inherit his company."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. But I actually want to be a director. It was my dream since I was a child." He said it sadly. At the time, his parents seem to be supporting him, doing photography, attending seminar about filmmaking.. turns out they want it to be just a hobby. He doesn't think he can do that.

"You're the only child?" P' Arthit asked which he shook his head for.

"I'm the only son, though. They think it was better for me to inherit rather than my oldest sister who is already capable of running them." Kong sighed at this. None of his friends has dilemma like him, so he can only think alone like this.

"Then, just show it to them. Prove it that you are better pursuing your dream."

"..eh?"

****