War

England and I spent the next week deep cleaning the house and getting me caught up on a lot of paper work. I hated every second of it. Despite my promise to try in the kitchen, I've found it's a lot harder to turn words into actions. The slightest amount of work makes me feel emotionally and physically exhausted.

For the most part England did all the cleaning, which is just another thing I now owe him for. Once the house became clean though some of the fog that had settled in my brain actually faded a bit. I found myself genuinely smiling a few times too. Usually the smile is spurred on by England and how much he resembles a maid when cleaning. The white apron and duster probably doesn't help his image.

For once in a long while I actually feel like progress is being made. The biggest issue has been cutting. I went from self harming everyday to not at all and it's been hell in many ways. I find myself more irritable, and just overly emotional. I came close to cutting so many times this past week, but England always seemed to know and stop me in time. I don't know how he could tell I was ready to break...A part of me wonders if he really is a wizard. Or would he be considered a witch?

Despite the setbacks the week came to a close with most of our goals met and both of us having found a sort of steady peace with the other. It made me all that more reluctant Monday when the meeting came around.

"Wake up Alfred." England yelled from outside my bedroom door, "Don't make me come in there and drag you out of that bed!"

Groaning I slowly sat up rubbing my forehead, "Yeah yeah." I responded half heartedly. Standing up I let the blankets fall back onto the bed before I started stretching.

I guess England hadn't heard me say anything because he barged inside just as I started to stretch. He froze in the door way eyes scanning my body...oh yeah I'm only in boxers. That's probably not good or appropriate.

Blushing England finally looked at my face, "Where are your clothes!?"

I know I should be a little more ashamed but his tomato red face is just priceless. Smirking I shrugged and pointed to the closet, "Where do you think?"

"W-well get them on!" He ordered but continued standing there.

Laughing I slowly walked over to the closet, "You've got a nose bleed." I teased earning a string of curses from him before he quickly turned and slammed the door shut as he left.

He can be really adorable sometimes.

Still laughing to myself I got dressed and walked over to the bathroom only to run into England. He was staring at his reflection in the mirror and I grinned as his hand rose to tap his nose, "You okay there Iggy?"

He shot me a glare before it turned into shocked wide eyes, "Wait. Did you just call me Iggy?"

"Uhm yeah?" I shrugged shuffling behind him so I could get into the bathroom. He scooted over so we could share the mirror and I started getting ready, "Why?"

"I just haven't heard that nickname in a while. That's all." England smiled at me like he found a new piece to the puzzle.

He's such a weirdo. Shaking my head i brushed my teeth and combed my hair. He was doing the same and I subtly watched from the corner of my eyes.

England's been looking a little more relaxed lately. The dark circles are gone from his eyes and his eyes seem more...sparkly? I don't know how to describe it. Bright and vibrant would be a way I suppose. Really the only thing that hasn't changed are his bushy eyebrows. I asked once if I could touch them and he chased me around the house for an hour. That was a nice day.

"Why are you staring at?" He asked as he eyed me through the mirror.

My cheeks reddened and I quickly looked away, "Nothing...Uhm ready to go?"