Chapter 9~ I Am the Light

"Where the hell have you been?! What the hell happened, and why the fuck didn't you tell anybody?! Especially me!" She screamed in my ear, causing it to start ringing.

"Alyssa, calm the hell down!" I yelled back, then I spoke normally. "I can't breath, and you made me deaf in one ear. Let me up so I can actually tell you what happened."

I heard her laugh, then she pulled me up. We embraced, and she whispered in my ear. "God, I thought we all lost you. Your car was smashed in a ditch, and there was no trace of you. What happened?"

I break away from the hug, and make us both sit on the floor. I look at the four conscious Nordics who are watching us awkwardly, and gesture for them to join us. As they sit, I see Alyssa's eyes go wide in recognition.

I pull her attention back to myself. "Okay, here's everything that happened." And I tell her the story. I fill her in on every moment that I remember, starting with the weird-driving blue car. Twenty minutes later, I finally finish. I try to read her expression, but she turns towards the guys.

"And you guys, you're really the personifications?" She seemed utterly flabergasted.

They all nod silently, looking in between Alyssa and I. I'm still watching my best friend.

She turns to look at me, eyes shining. They seemed to be begging for permission, and she quirks an eyebrow.

I knew what she meant, and I grin. At the same time, we fling our arms in the air, yelling "Fangirling time!"

She jumps up, hugging the four guys in front of her, squealing. They look at me, completely shocked.

I smile even more. "Don't worry, she'll calm down in a bit." I burst out laughing when I see Berwald stiffen.

"Alyssa, quiet down before you wake up the three on the couch. They passed out drunk a while before you came, and they'll be grumpy as hell if you wake them." She freezes, looking at me, then the couch, then back again.

"You can fangirl over them in the morning." I laugh, pulling her down to sit next to me.

As she takes a few deep breaths, I remember something.

"Hey, Lukas. You guys did a, a spell, right? To see if I'm, you know, like you guys, and..." I trail off, suddenly afraid to ask.

"You want to know what they found out?" Emil finished my question for me.

I nod, still staring at the floor. I hear Lukas sigh, and Alyssa is holding her breath.

"Well, we were expecting one of two things. When the runes glowed, either you glowed or you didn't. But you said you felt heat, and you were floating. Neither of those things were anticipated, so we don't know what it means. But Zera, you did glow." He spoke in a monotone, his face expressionless. There was something urgently burning in his eyes, but I couldn't tell what.

"It wasn't a glow so much as a blaring light." Tino said seriously.

Everyone waited for my reaction. I sat there, stunned for a minute, before replying. "So, does that mean I'm a country? Or am I normal human?" I was confused, and I felt vaguely light-headed. I stare at the ground again.

"You are a personification. You're one of us." I look up to see smiles on everyone's faces. Even Alyssa's, who is almost as shocked as I am.

"Re-really?" I choke out, stuttering from surprise.

"Yup." Emil has an uncharacteristically wide grin."You represent Alagaizya."

--------------------------------------------------

I did not come up with that name! It is from a book series! I just changed the spelling slightly...