4

People were crowding an area in the halls. On the wooden board, tacked up, was a list of names, and their partners for a Social Studies assignment.

Some were happy to have their friends, whiles others wanted to rip their hair out from their heads.

Two people were amongst the group, each bore their own expression when they scan the list to find their names.

6) Hinata Hyuuga and Naruto Uzumaki.

'Shit..'

*

Hinata continued to stare at the board as if expecting something to come out of the paper and gut her alive.

If this was the Hinata before 10th grade, she'd faint and probably have a nosebleed from fangirling and dreaming of certain thoughts. It would have been like a cheesy thing to do, a nerd getting paired up with her crush for an assignment.

However, this is reality and our Hinata had a mortified look on her face. The same person she's been trying to avoid, the person she wants to beat to death with a bat , the same guy she wouldn't mind killing, is now her partner in crime.

~🌻

Naruto couldn't believe it. It was as if the ramen gods are starting to dislike him. Out of all the people, it had to be her.

The only person he wouldn't mind throwing of a cliff is his Social Studies partner.

He looked at her and she looked at him. They both groaned.

'I can't do this!'

~🍜

"I'm sorry but I can't do that."

"WHAT?!"

"It's just as I say it is." The Social Studies teacher, Kakashi Hatake replied flatly.

He knew they had some problems, well maybe a few but that will only slow them down. As a mentor and his father's friend he is determined to help Naruto, even though the blonde is oblivious as ever.

It's affecting communication and their grades and he will not have it.

"Kakashi-sensei.." He cut Hinata off right away.

"My decision is final." He is leaving no more rooms for arguments.

Both students groaned.

~📖

Both walked in silence. The air around them was crisp, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Neither said anything, just continued walking ahead.

Hinata stared at the ground like it is the most interesting thing in the world.

Naruto just looked straight forward with a bored expression.

Suddenly Hinata stopped walking.

"Okay this has gone on long enough."

Naruto quirked an eyebrow her way. The lavender haired girl ignored him.

"I'll do the research you'll bring materials." It was a fair trade. So we'll see each other less.

"You think I can't handle the work?" Naruto scoffed. He's been doing his assignments and projects by himself and have been getting decent marks. She thinks I'm stupid. Tch. Annoying.

Maybe he's been hanging around the Teme a but too much.

Hinata just looked at him as if he'd just grown two heads.

"What?.." She breathed out.

"Are you deaf? I said I will do the research."

Now she was pissed.

"You can't handle-"

"I can do the work just fine or have you forgotten that I'm better than you in this subject." He smirked at her annoyance.

"Tch. You know what if you're so high and mighty why don't you do the entire thing oh wise one!" She turned and stomped away, puffing out her cheeks.

"Fine!" He yelled back. He didn't need her, she didn't need him and he was fine with that. Brat.

~🍜🌻