quarante-six

.

.

.

Mason Richards

I've been going absolutely insane since Arielle left. I leave for uni soon as well, in about a week. Harry and I rarely see each other, we barely manage a brief hello when we see each other around. I think he's mourning the departure of Arielle as well.

I haven't even begun packing for uni, which earns me a lecture from Mum every five minutes about how disheveled I have been since Arielle left. She thinks I'm being ridiculous. I beg to differ.

As I am strolling through the market buying some extra notebooks for uni, I manage to shove my cart into someone while lost in my thoughts, and I look up in surprise, an apology ready to roll off of my tongue. I instantly bite it back when I see none other than Harry in front of the cart, a smirk plastered on his hideous face.

"Oh look, it's the British twat that stole my girlfriend." I snap, retrieving my cart from where he has pushed it to the side.

"How nice, it's the idiot that can't even remember he's from England too." Harry half-smiles.

"Shut up, Harry." I roll my eyes.

"Goodbye, Mason." he sighs. "Oh, and by the way...I accept your apology for running into me."

Arielle Evans 

"What the hell are you talking about, Hannah?" I ask when both of us are in my dorm with the door securely locked.

"I'm telling the truth, I swear. Harry is my ex-boyfriend. We were together when I was living in London." Hannah says, making my lips automatically curve down into a frown.

"Okay, but why were you spazzing over how I was the Arielle?" I quote her, and she shakes her head, a small smile taking shape on her lips.

"We stayed friends after our split, and when he moved to the states, he would literally not shut up about you. He stopped talking about you a few months ago, though. That must be when you cheated on him, right?" She lifts her eyebrows, waiting for a response, and I simply nod, not saying anything. "Can't believe you broke his heart. Poor boy can't hurt a fly."

"You wanna bet?" I chuckle, the numerous fights Harry had been in coming to mind, specifically when he attacked Mason. Hannah smiles, tugging at the comforter shyly.

"I should go. Thanks for talking to me and everything. And I'm sorry for talking to you the way I did today. I overreacted, and I guess I can find another dorm on campus. Maybe we can be friends when I move in."

"Absolutely." I smile at her, shaking her hand before she leaves and I immediately dial the all too familiar number on my cell.

"Smarticle." His voice sounds light, amused even.

"Hannah Woods." I snap, immediately hearing a suction of breath on the other end. "Ring a bell?"

"How do you even know about her?" he asks, and I can just imagine him raking his hand through his hair and pacing back and forth anxiously.

"She's my friend's ex." I answer simply.

"Did she say anything about me?" Harry demands.

"No, besides the fact that you are her ex-boyfriend." I shrug before remembering that he can't see me.

"Okay, well, um, I have to go now, so, uh, I'll call you later." he babbles before the line goes dead. I stare at my phone in shock, unsure of what just happened.

Harry Styles 

She absolutely, positively cannot be friends with Hannah. I mean, there are certain things to be left in the past, right? I didn't tell Hannah about how Arielle and I broke up for a reason, and I sure hope Arielle doesn't.

Arielle seemed pretty happy with Hannah, if I'm being honest. Which means that Hannah is trying to be her friend. Or so she says.

Hannah is probably the biggest backstabber I have ever met, and I certainly don't want my precious Arielle being associated with a total skank like Hannah. Hannah's probably planning something.

Something big.

I just have to find out what.

*

"Hannah, it's Harry." I exhale, glad that she still hasn't changed her number.

"Oh, Harry." She sounds amused, and I can imagine the smirk playing on her lips right about now. "I haven't heard from you in so long."

"Exactly. Because what we had is in the past. So let's leave it there, yeah?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She scoffs, and I roll my eyes at her terrible acting skills.

"Look, Hannah, I don't know what goes on in that pea-sized brain of yours, but Arielle isn't a play toy, okay? She's off-limits." I snap, running a hand through my hair.

"Oh, relax, Harry. I'm not going to do anything. I'm just having a little fun." Hannah guffaws.

"Hannah, she isn't like us. She has no idea what happened in England, or who I used to be, what we used to do." I sigh.

"Well, looks like it's high time she found out."

*

a/n-

ok sorry that was short and had a crap ending but w/e

vote/comment/share

love you all, xoxo