Chapter 9

Wanda with the help of Nat and Steve helped Bucky plan a proposal just for Olivia and Wanda had a surprise for him and Olivia with all of her pictures. Nat helped Olivia get dressed and curled her blonde hair although she had no idea what was going on. 

Nat took her to where they were having this proposal and she walked in and Bucky seen her and he walked over to her and she said "Bucky what is going on? You know I don't like surprises

Nat took her to where they were having this proposal and she walked in and Bucky seen her and he walked over to her and she said "Bucky what is going on? You know I don't like surprises." 

"You look amazing I like these boots." he said as he helped her take off her coat. Then she seen the rest of their friends and their families and then she seen some of her family that was still living and some of Bucky's family. "Bucky seriously what is going on why did I have to get all dressed up to have dinner with everyone." she said 

"Will you please calm down baby." he said 

Wanda walked up on the stage and said "Hi everyone I'm Wanda Maximoff-Barton I'm so glad that everyone got my invite tonight cause tonight we are going to celebrate something that I myself believe is a long time coming. James Buchanan Barnes has been one of my best friends and my husband's best friends since we was 3 years old when we were in the same preschool class. Olivia Juniper Rogers well she's been like a little sister to me since the day she was born just like she has for all of us. But Olivia captured a heart at the old age of 10 and she didn't even realize it till 2 months ago but if you take a look back with us you will see that these two right here were meant to be together. Olivia and Bucky this is your love story." as she stepped off the stage and a white screen came down and "Photograph" By Ed Sheeran started to play when a picture popped up when Bucky held Olivia when she was born and then pictures of him playing with her while he waited for Steve to get done with homework he kissed her scraped knee when she wrecked her bike in front of his house at 5 years old when she got scared by the Michael Myers mask and he was hugging her and then the coney island picture. Pictures of birthday parties the fire house Christmas dinners of them together and then the picture of them at his dad's funeral where she held his hand and then pictures that Wanda started to take after he got back including the one she snapped at Thanksgiving." 

When it was over and she said "Bucky.." 

"Baby I don't even know where half of those came from. I remember those moments but I don't remember anyone being around with a camera." he said 

Then Wanda turned on "Far Away" By Nickelback and Bucky turned her around and he kissed her as he started to dance with her and he whispered "You ready for your surprise baby." 

"Bucky..what are you up to." she said 

He let go of her and pulled her up to the stage with him and he grabbed the mic and said "Olivia Juniper Rogers you are the light in my world knowing that light had faded while I was gone was heartbreaking to know that someone took that light from you was heartbreaking. But in the last 2 months seeing that light back in your big blue eyes is amazing baby. I honestly don't know when or how I fell in love with you all I know is my heart is yours baby it always has been I tried to ignore it I tried to push it away in the process I hurt you cause I didn't know you felt the same way our age difference made it difficult for me to love you a long time ago but now we are all grown up baby and now it's our time to be together to have what we both wanted all those years ago that we thought would never happen. I love you Olivia and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you please marry me?' as he dropped to one knee and opened his box and she wiped her tears and shook her head yes and whispered "yes." 

He slid it on her finger and kissed her and she said "I love you

He slid it on her finger and kissed her and she said "I love you." 

"I love you too." he said 

He put the mic back on the stand and lead her back to the dance floor as Wonderful Tonight started to play and he danced with her and she said "You did good baby I love my ring." 

"Wanda said it's a past present future ring cause it has 3 diamonds on it." he said 

She smiled and said 'It's perfect." 

"It was my dad." he said

"What about your dad?" she said

'It was my dad that told me that I couldn't be with you back then that it would like bad me dating a 10 year old." he said

"Oh." she said 

"I wanted to..so I dated Ella instead cause she liked me too. She went to my mom's church." he said 

She kissed him and said "I'm sure my parents had some influence on it..my mom told me that I couldn't date you because you would expect things from me that I was just to little to understand when I told her that I liked you." 

"Hey don't get upset baby.." he said as he held her closer to him and she whispered "I wouldn't be so messed up right now if they had just let us try." 

"Baby you are not messed up." he said 

Steve looked at Nat and said "Nat she's not been taking her medicine or she's really emotional here lately." 

"I don't know." Nat said 

That night after the party was over they stayed at his mom's house and celebrated their engagement.