Chapter 6 - Moving On

Please read this author's note it is important. So I don't want to sound like one of those annoying people that complain about how bad their writing is, but after reading some other Jyrus fanfictions I feel like mine is bad compared to the other ones. So I think I might stop writing mine so you don't have to waste your time reading it, there are plenty of them out there, so what is the point of me making this one. All the Jyrus fanfictions are about Jonah and Cyrus it's exactly what Jyrus stands for. Over hundreds of views but only two reviews, come on I need to know how I am doing. I would like some criticism since it would help me make my story better. Without the reviews I just assume you didn't like the story and didn't want to waste your time writing a review. Shoutout to AvilLexi02 the only reason I have not quit yet, this chapter is for you.

Cyrus's P.O.V.

Tuesday after school.

I was beginning to doubt me and Andi's friendship, she just seems so distant.

After receiving Buffy's bombardment of texts, I know Andi is there for me even when I am not actually there. *😉*

I got startled from the hotel door opening, because it is notably old and not in the best of condition making it loud.

"Hey Cyrus, how have you been holding up?" my stepdad said as he walks in closing the door behind him.

"As good as I possibly could be doing be under these circumstances" I smarted off to him jokingly.

"Pfth" he smiled at me.

Then he said "Cyrus I ..., uh" he couldn't finish his sentence as he sat down next to me.

He worried me "What is it, we can get through it together?" I asked my stepfather.

He looked down at his lap, and took a deep breath before saying "Cyrus, It is quite the opposite we can't get through this together".

"What are you saying?"

"Your going to go live with your stepmom and real dad. I'm so sorry".

I started to cry "But, I hate them! Why can't I stay here with you?" I sobbed.

My stepdad looked out the window, doing whatever he can to avoid eye contact with me, "Without your mother, I can't take care of you anymore. Anyways isn't this better you get to be with your real dad?".

"No its not better, and never will be" I responded harshly.

To make matters even worse I don't got my bedroom to go hide in and cry in.

"Look Cyrus, things will get better. I promise" he told me trying to get me to stop crying.

"Don't say that ever again!" I demanded.

"Okay I'm sorry, I won't ever say that again. Why don't you want me to say that?".

I cried even harder and barely managed to let out "Every time I hear those words things only get worse. I got told I would be fine and that I'm okay when I told my friend that I'm gay, and now I get bullied for being gay. I had recently got told that things would only get better, of course they didn't my mom died".

My dad put his hand under my chin and lifted up my head to where I can see him, "Life is being crazy now for you, but your strong and you will get through this".

"It is great that you think that, but I do not think that I will be able to get through this because I'm weak" I responded.

"No you're not, you were brave enough to come out as gay even though you were scared. You're not weak, you are Cyrus Goodman".