Splashing through another puddle, the car pulled up to a gravel drive in front of a large red brick Tudor house. It has millions Windows and an overhang above the door. Under that overpowering was standing a talk man wearing a charcoal coloured three piece suit with a blue tie, slightly leaning on a tall black umbrella with a curved wooden handle.

Anthea and I got out the car and she took out my luggage, handed it to me, then got back in and it drove away. All this passed without a word. I stood in slight shock at the scene before me for a moment.

Getting my backpack onto my shoulder, I walked slowly towards the house and the waiting man. I'd now like to take the opportunity to point out that I was soaking to the bone. Obviously my brief shock had not been as brief as I'd thought it was.

I reached the overhang and stopped, looking up into the man's face. This had to be my uncle, and I did spot a few similarities.

"Well, are you going to come in?" he raised an eyebrow. "Or would you prefer to stay out here and catch your death?"

I slowly shook my head as response, and he turned smartly and opened the door, then stood aside to let me in.

Dark oak panels lined the walls, and the floor was tiled. I stumbled slightly on the step, and pulled my suitcase behind me, stopping in the doorway so as not to get mud all over the place.

"Leave your case here, the butler will take it up. I will show you up to your room so that you can have a warm bath."

He led me through a door, then up a wide flight of stairs, made of oak again. The landing consisted of a balcony with intricately carved details. I found myself thinking that my uncle must be very rich, and that at least if we were bombed, I'd die in a nice place. The part of me that wasn't thinking about dying was made very excited when it spotted the suits of armour. Excellent. Actually, this was like the beginning of Narnia. As I had been daydreaming, I didn't particularly notice where I was being led, but I paid attention again when we stopped at another oak door.

The room inside was of a moderate size, but much larger than my bedroom at home. It too was lined with oak panels, and one wall was taken up by bookshelves. The window have a view our to the back of the house, where there as a large, well kept area of greenery. I let my bag down on the floor by the bed.

"The bathroom is through that door there," my uncle pointed to a smaller oak door. " I will now leave you to it. Find your way downstairs when you're ready. "