Love is Blind, Literally (Helena x Reader)

This was requested by lemonbluetea!
Thank you for requesting~
Hope you like it ^^

Next request: Martha x Tracy

Reader's P.O.V.
It was a dark afternoon, gray and gloomy rain clouds covered the sky around the manor. This place never ceased to be creepy. If there wasn't a clock in my room, I couldn't even tell it was afternoon.

I got bored of being cooped up inside my room and decided to stroll around the manor for a while. As I walked along the hallways, I crossed paths with Helena. "Hello, Helena," I said. Her presence always makes me smile.

She stopped tapping her cane on the ground as she looked at me. "Oh, hi (Y/N)," she said. "I was just going to see you."

My face heat up slightly. I'm so glad she's blind so she can't see it. "Hmm? What for?" I said curiously.

"I just wanted to hang out," she said. "You're the easiest person to talk to."

"What about Tracy?" I asked.

"She's resting because she has a match later today..."

"I see," I said. "Sure, let's go to my room."

I took her hand and guided her to my room. I know she can see by tapping her cane, but I just wanted to hold her soft hand. She didn't complain so I thought she was fine with it as well.

Her cane echoed along the corridors as she tapped the ground. When we arrived at my room, I ushered her in.

I took a seat on my bed, seeing Helena smile cutely as she sat beside me.

"Sorry for bothering you," she said.

I held a hand up in defence. "No no, it's fine," I said. "I was bored too."

She tapped her cane on the ground softly. "Yeah, besides playing the game and writing diaries, we don't really do much else. It's normal to be bored," said Helena.

"Tell me about it," I leaned back and laid on my bed. "How did we get ourselves into this...?"

"Bad decisions were made," she said.

"Mhmm," I hummed in agreement. "Hey," I said, sitting up. "Just curious, what do you like to do in your free time?"

Helena smiled. "I like to read," she said.

"Y-You can read?" I said in surprise.

She giggled. "They're books for the visual impaired too, you know."

"Oh yeah," I said. There was silence between us as I thought of another topic. "Hmm... do you like pets?" I asked.

"I like cats, I think they're cute," she said.

"Not as cute as you," I said, giggling with her. "So... What kind of person do you like? Just curious."

"You're very curious," she said, smiling at me. "Well... I like a girl who's cute, and has a great sense of humour, and she always looks out for me,"she paused before continuing. "She also stares at me a lot, thinking that I can't see her. But I can."

My eyes widened. "Oh, who is this girl?" I asked, slightly nervous.

"She's very close to me," she said.

'Close? How close?' I thought anxiously. 'Are they in a relationship already? No way... I... I've lost my chances with Helena...' I looked down and frowned.

Helena must've seen me frown as she tapped her cane on the ground. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "I'm talking about you, silly," she said.

"Huh?" My face heat up as I finally got what she meant. "Wha-?! You're talking about me?" I said, pointing at myself.

She grinned as she nodded.

"S-So... you love me too?" I said, grinning ear to ear.

"Mhmm," she hummed, nodding her head. "I've known about your feelings for a few weeks already. It's signs are clear if you do it in front of me."

"...I didn't know the cane was actually helping you use echolocation," I said. This is why you don't take advantage of a blind person. You'll never know that they can actually see you.