Hidden Feelings (Naib x Reader)

This was requested by lemonbluetea!
Thank you for requesting~
Hope you like it ^^

Next request: Helena x Reader

Reader's P.O.V.
I waited patiently in the main hall for my teammates. Normally I would be nervous before a match, but this time, I was excited. Why? Because Naib will be playing.

The thought of him made my face heat up. I held my face in my hands. 'Stop blushing, you'll look like a fool in front of him,' I thought.

"(Y/N), are you ready?"

I looked up to see Martha standing with her hand on her hip. She's always so calm and composed, I admire her for that.

"Yeah," I replied. I peeked begins her and saw Naib and Helena walking towards us.

"Everyone's here," said Naib. "Let's get this over with."

On our way to the Red Church, I found myself staring at the back of Naib's hoodie. 'I wonder if he wears it to hide his full handsomeness,' I thought.

When we arrived at the location, Naib spoke up. "I'll decode in the church, if the hunter chases me I can dash away," he said.

"I'll come with you," I said a bit too quickly as I received weird glances from everyone. "W-What I mean is... you have.. trauma with the cipher machines right? I'll decode with you," I offered.

"Oh, thanks?" said Naib. "But what if the hunter comes-"

"I'll be fine," I said confidently. 'Famous last words...,' I thought.

"If you say so."

Martha nodded. "Let's go then," she said before we split up.

When Naib and I entered the church, we heard a bang echoing through the ground and saw a highlight of Joseph, the photographer somewhere in the graveyard.

Naib typed on the machine as I twisted the knobs on the side and hit the machine occasionally. I couldn't help but keep glancing at Naib's busy hands. He looks so cool when he's focused.

I didn't realise I was staring when Naib's eyes met mine. "Are you okay (Y/N)?" he said. "You look feverish."

He placed the back of his palm on my forehead, causing me to blush harder. "Wow, you're heating up," he said with concern. "You shouldn't have played if you were sick."

"I-I-I'm fine," I said, twisting the knobs faster. "Let's just focus on decoding."

My hands started to shake as I grew nervous. 'He touched me,' I thought. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realise I was turning the knobs too much. The machine made a loud buzz as I recoiled back.

"M-My bad," I said worriedly.

Naib didn't reply as he continued typing. He's not mad, is he?

Then, our hearts started beating faster. "Let's go," Naib suddenly said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the stage of the church and behind a pillar.

Even though the hunter wasn't that close, my heart was racing faster as he wrapped his arm around me protectively.

I could hear footsteps entering the church. It was silent for a while before the footsteps slowly faded away. Naib looked around the corner. "He left," he said. "Let's continue."

I nodded as we got back to the machine and continued decoding. "That was close," I said.

"Yeah," said Naib.

The machine was shaking vigorously as we were almost done decoding it. Suddenly, there was a bright flash. The photographer must've taken a photo.

Soon, we finished decoding the machine and head to the ruins, my eyes not leaving Naib's beautiful back for a second.

Just as we left the church, I heard a faint yell coming from the camera. 'That kind of sounded like Naib,' I thought as I looked at Naib. 'But he's right here.'

"Tsk, the photographer must've caught my past self," Naib said.

"No," I said in disbelief. "Don't worry, I'll go save you," I said without thinking as I darted into the photo dimension.

"(Y/N), wait-"

Naib's voice was cut off as I went through the photo. I stopped and looked around as the world turned black and white. Then, I heard groaning, it was Naib struggling in a rocket chair.

"Don't worry my love, I've got you," I said, coming up to him and untied him. I smiled at myself as I called him 'my love'. But he can't hear me since it's a fake Naib, which was why I dared to say it.

I bend down and treated his wounds. When I finished, he stayed still on his spot. I pecked him on the cheek. "Bye, my love," I said before leaving the photo dimension. I realised that Helena was caught.

I trusted Martha or Naib would go for the rescue and continued looking for a cipher machine. As I neared the ruins, I saw Naib decoding alone.

"I'm back," I said as I joined him.

"Thanks for saving me," he said, eyes not leaving the keyboard.

"Anytime," I said. "I'm assuming Martha is rescuing Helena?"

"Yes, she is," said Naib.

Then, there was another flash as the photograph merged with the present. Naib flinched.

"Everything alright?" I said.

"...I just got a feeling that somebody kissed me on the cheek," he said, touching his cheek while looking around.

I smiled nervously. "Really? Wow, that's weird," I said.

"Yeah...," he said as we continued decoding.