Chapter 8

Same Day..

Helana's pov

The three of us were in Shyderricka's room. Fortunately she has three mirrors in her room. Aroctavia was at her dresser mirror curling her hair, I was in front of her closet mirror flat ironing my hair and Shy has a mirror on her door that she was using.

"It's your first party in Memphis girrlll, You excited?" Tavia cheered

"Ehhh, Kinda nervous" I responded. I wasn't nervous at all, I kinda didn't want to go, but I am anyways.

"Well don't be girl we with you" Shy said putting on some mascara

"Okay" I sighed after finished flat ironing my hair and I put on my red lipstick and slipped on my clothes.

I looked over at Shyderricka and she had her clothes too, I looked back at Tavia and she was still curling her hair.

"You do take a long time to get ready" I spoke walking over to where she was.

"I told yo ass it take me a minute, So now don't be rushing me" She answered rolling her eyes.

About 15 minutes later she finished and put on her clothes and met us in the living room waiting for her.

"I'm readdyyyyy." she chanted.

"It's about time." I muttered.

"Let's go then damn." Shy mumbled.

Tyler's Pov

I haven't been in Helana's room yet because I know I'd get caught. I have to wait until my mom and dad go to bed before I can take something of Helana's. It was after dinner and my mom was already in bed.

I collected some stuff to take my shower trotted off to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth before entering the shower.

I took a step in the cold shower causing goosebumps rise all over my body. I bathed myself for about 10 minutes then exited the icy shower.

I clenched my jaw as I dressed myself still thinking about what of Helana's I can take and where she have my book hostage.

I left out the bathroom tossing my dirty clothes in the my bin and walked down the stairs to see if my dad finally went to bed.

He did. I raced back up to my room and snatched the balled up Walmart bag off my dresser and enter Helana's.

I closed her door and flicked on the lights. My eyes wander around her room from her messy bed covered with clothes to her neat shoe shelf with a few missing shoes.

Searching her closet for something of value and or my book realizing that if I took a few clothes she wouldn't notice. If I took a pair of shoes she will realize they're gone to quickly.

My eyes gaze over to her clean vanity. I smiled and crept over to the makeup table. I opened up the plastic bag and pulled out a drawer containing makeup and I dumped the contents into the bag.

Carefully sliding the drawer back in its place I opened another drawer containing lotions another holding small perfumes. The last draw held a lock box. I anxiously lifted the box out the drawer and tilted it and heard a muffled sliding.

The box had a combination lock on the side. It was a little bit bigger than my notepad. My book had to be in here. I could break the lock easily with a butter knife, but she didn't break nothing of mine I won't break nothing of hers. I tried a few combinations and soon gave up. I placed the box back in it's place, closed the drawer, hit the switch, and left out her room.