fall » shawn mendes

"I'm going on tour!" Shawn said excitedly as he rushed through my door.

"Tour? Oh my gosh that's amazing!" I squealed, hugging him.

"Yeah, it's going to be great!"

I fake smiled as Shawn began ranting about all his plans.

We'd met a couple weeks ago in a Starbucks, and started going on dates shortly after, we just both kinda felt a spark.

I'd recently gotten out of a really shitty relationship with a total dick, so I was uneasy about going on a date with Shawn. But, he charmed me, with his big brown eyes and his sweet attitude.

And his voice.

Oh my god his voice was amazing. He definitely was going places.

And now he literally was.

"I'm..I'm going to miss you.." he stuttered out.

"You are?" I asked out of shock. I wasn't used to people missing me, especially a boy.

"Yeah...I know we only started talking a few weeks ago, but, I really like you Y/N."

I gulped. I'd been dreading to hear that.

I liked Shawn, yeah, but it was more than that.

I was pretty sure I was falling for him.

And falling usually ends up with getting hurt.

"I, um, I really like you too." I said back.

Shit.

I should just stop this. Stop this whole fling that keeps escalating. Shawn was going on tour, and that meant leaving me.

I should end it before I get hurt again.

Shawn smiled back, the corners of his eyes crinkling, causing my stomach to scream.

I loved his smile.

When I didn't smile back, Shawn's eyes pooled with concern.

"Y/N? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing."

"It's about me going on tour isn't it?" he said softly.

"I...it's part of it." I sighed.

"Tell me."

I stared at him a few moments as I contemplated spilling everything to him.

Then, I did it.

I told him about the shitty relationship, my feelings, everything.

"I'm falling for you, Shawn. And, I just, I don't want you to catch me."

"Why?" he asked, tears gathering in his eyes.

"Because..I can't get hurt again.." I whispered.

Shawn gently placed his finger under my chin and forced me to look into his eyes.

"I'd never hurt you. I'm falling for you, too. I was actually going to ask you to be my official girlfriend tonight." he said gently.

"Shawn, I, what if-"

Before I knew it, Shawn's soft lips were pressed gently against mine, moving in a soft rhythm.

"I'm giving up, just catch me." I breathed, pulling his lips back onto mine.