tears and cuddles » nash grier

"Nash. I'm hereee." I called, stepping into his apartment and slipping my vans off.

I walked over to the kitchen and living room to see no one in sight.

"Is anyone even home?" I huffed. Maybe Nash got called to a photo shoot or something, and that's why he wasn't around.

No, he'd tell me, he wouldn't let me come here only to find him gone.

"Hello?" I tried one more time, only to get no reply.

I sighed as I began making my way to the front door, deciding no one was home.

"Crap, my keys." I mumbled, realizing that I'd left them on the kitchen counter. I jogged over to the kitchen, only to stop abruptly and gasp when I saw Nash standing in the hallway, wrapped in his comforter, hair a tousled mess, and his eyes red and puffy.

"Nash!" I exclaimed, walking over to him. "Nash, babe, what's wrong?"

He just looked at me for a moment before breaking down into sobs, me coming forward and letting his head rest on my shoulder.

"Shh, I'm here, I'm here. It's okay." I whispered gently, running my fingers through his hair.

I led him back to his bed, where I laid him down and climbed in next to him.

"Tell me whenever you're ready." I said gently.

Nash looked up at me and then pulled me to his chest, resting his head on top of mine before taking a deep breath and talking.

"I just...feel so unwanted. By the world." he choked out.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"The hate, it's getting-"

"Nash, baby, you weren't looking at the hate again were you?"

"I couldn't help it." he stuttered.

His breathing got more rapid as he began thinking about all those hate messages he'd been getting.

"Shh. Don't listen to them. They don't know you. You have thousands, millions of people supporting you. Including, me, the boys, your family, and that's all that matters." I said calmly, rubbing circles on his bare chest and stomach.

"B-But I just want to make everyone happy." he said sadly. I looked up into his puffy eyes and almost began crying myself at how sad and innocent he looked.

"I know, everyone does, but you just can't please everyone." I explained.

"You know there's an old saying," I said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Nash sat still for a moment as he contemplated everything I'd just said.

"You're right. I love you. So much. You keep me grounded." he replied, hugging me closer to him.

"I love you too, Nash. So much more."

He gently laid a kiss on my lips as we stayed in bed, and cuddled, not having a care in the world.