57- The Extra

It was all that rummaged inside Jack's head-- that she was thinking of herself too much it's affecting her confidence. It seemed like every second she has a reason why she's no better, it began to be really annoying.

Jack surrendered himself in the comfort of his couch, laying back his head on the soft arm rest. He gives out a loud sigh.

"You're early to wake," Emma said, appearing from behind the wall. Jack turned to his sister, her hand rested on her hip and the other arm holding a bowl of refilled popcorn.

"I couldn't sleep last night," answered Jack. "And I'm too tired to even get some shut eye... isn't that possible."

"Where's Rapunzel?"

The mention of her name brought his attention, almost like an instinct to act, but he tried not to move.

A flashback suddenly crossed his mind about that moment he left Rapunzel after yelling at her for being too worried. He couldn't even believe himself for doing that to her and leaving her broken... it wasn't like him to do that to someone, especially to his girlfriend. Now he felt the shame.

But she's too worried of herself. You've been talking her out of that concern and giving her comfort, and yet she seems to not take in what you tell her.

It's not like that. Rapunzel's just feeling down because she thinks she won't fit in with me and Elsa in the cover. And she's just scared to loose me, and I'm scared to loose her too. That's all.

In his head he was debating with himself, which he found stupid and shameful... he almost doubted Rapunzel, and that's not right.

"I don't know..." Jack whispered which Emma heard.

"What do you mean you don't know? Don't tell me you left her in the streets and drove off here because you were 'too tired'?" Emma said to him, and Jack looked at Emma.

"That's not a joke, Emma. Don't say that." Jack said with a hard tone in his voice.

"You know what I mean, Jack," Emma replied. "So what happened? Did you have a fight or something?"

"I think we did..." Jack muttered under his breathe. "It was mostly my fault," he added in an audible tone.

Emma sat beside him and Jack sat upright, not looking at his sister.

"What did you do?"

"I..." Jack pulls his hand immediately to the back of his neck, feeling uncomfortable to talk about it. "I sorta... yelled at Rapunzel yesterday."

"What!"

A hissing sound came out of Jack's lips when he felt Emma's spank on his arm.

"Ow! Emma!"

"You did what to Rapunzel! How dare you?" Emma yelled at her brother who was rubbing his arm where he felt the pain. "How could you do that to her, Jack!"

"I don't know why I did that, okay?" Jack yelled back. Then there was silence.

Emma was continously glaring at her brother and Jack looking away to avoid it.

"Explain yourself, Jack."

He sighed, looking down to his feet.

"I was stupid enough not to think about her situation for a second. I immediately burst out to fury thinking only about my feelings and not hers. I couldn't even believe I shouted at her-- I could still remember her confused and clear  eyes, as if she was about to cry, but at the time all I did was say stupid words to her. Then I left... leaving her there with people looking."