chapter 2

Jade lays down on her bed and throws her backpack full of books down on the floor. Her face still has a pink lip print from Perrie kissing her. She touches it, feeling the stickiness on her cheek where her lips touched. "Fuck," she mumbles as she kind of rubs it off with her hand. How could Perrie do that? She knows that Jade is just a nerd that no one likes.

She groans as she slowly kicks off her shoes. When her shoes are finally off, she sighs of relief as cold air hits her sock covered foot. Her stress kind of lowers as she grabs her phone and scrolls down her Tumblr feed. Reblogging a bit of photos and text posts before shutting of her phone and sighing. Homework. Stress builds once again.

She sits back up and picks up her backpack. She takes out all she needs for homework and begins to do her math homework first.

Beep.

Her eyebrows raise as her phone buzzes. Assuming it's just a blog reblogging her, she looks at it for only a second. But got a split second, she realizes that it's a text. She takes a double take and looks at it longer than she did before. "Perrie?" she reads the name of the sender aloud. Why would she be texting her?

"We need to talk. come to my place."

"Please."

Jade sighs as she reads the texts. She decides to reply:

"I'm doing homework, so I can't."

After a few minutes of sending that, her phone goes off. Perrie's calling. She sighs and answers. "What's something that's so important that I have to go to your house?" she asks.

"Please, I want to tell you in person." Perrie sounded as if she was crying. A lot of breathing heavy and tiny, tiny sobs that are barely audible.

"Are you okay?" Jade asks her, now concerned for the blonde bully of hers.

"No. Just please come."

||

Before Jade knocks on the door, the door swings open. A red eyed Perrie stood in front of her. "I couldn't think of someone who would actually care," she mutters, sniffling. "and you're the only one I thought could."

"You may hurt me, but I'll help you."

||

"My parents are having a divorce," Perrie tells Jade, small sobs slowly coming out of her mouth. Her face was so broken, her hands were shaking, and the tears falling out of her eyes kept falling on the table, creating a little pool of tears.

Jade doesn't really know what to say to that. Her parents are perfectly fine and she doesn't know how to give any advice to that. Her family rarely has problems. "Oh," is all she says at first. When she sees Perrie's confused face, she places a hand on her shoulder. "I honestly don't know what to say but it's okay. Everything will be okay."

Perrie just nods and looks down at the pool of tears she created. She wipes it with her sweater paws and sniffles. "Yeah," she mumbles, her voice breaking. Before she says anything else, Jade is up and hugging her tightly. She smiles weakly and hugs her back.

"I can stay as long as you need me to," Jade says quietly a she hugs the blonde even tighter. All of the pain Perrie was feeling slowly lifted off as she felt Jade's arms wrap around her tiny waist. Her smile is wider now and she feels as if she feels happy with the brunette in her arms.

||

They laid on Perrie's bed, side to side and looking up at the ceiling above them. The white, empty ceiling. The terrible painting job is shown by how there's little bubbles from the paint and how it's very bumpy. Perrie may be living in a nice home, but that doesn't mean the painter can paint well.

"I like being beside you," the blonde admits. "it makes me feel better just by being near you."

Jade's heart and stomach flutter. She doesn't believe the words coming out of Perrie's mouth. She's popular and definantly joking with her. Right?

She doesn't even respond, just a simple nod of the head. How do you even respond to that? Nothing you can say will make it sound like you're not an asshole.

Jade can feel the blonde's eyes staring at her face. She tries to ignore it and keeps staring at the poorly painted ceiling.

Perrie doesn't say anything, though. Just stares at her. All she could think of saying is 'I love you' and she can't say that. She won't believe her.

"It's almost 6," Jade states as she glances over at Perrie. "I should be going. Dinner soon."

Perrie just nods, chewing on her lip. She wants to say 'stay' but the word doesn't come out. So she watches the brunette walk out of her room awkwardly and sigh as she finally disappears from her eyesight.

||

"I can't be," Perrie says quietly, mostly to herself but also to her best friend. "I can't be in love with her."

"In love?" Jesy says in disbelief. "the Perrie Edwards is in love?" She laughs almost too loudly, having Perrie's mom yell at her for being too loud. As she shuts up, she giggles quietly. "This is a miracle."

"Oh, shut up," Perrie mumbles as she sits up. "this is a crisis not a miracle."

"Being in love isn't that bad," her brunette friend tells her.

"It's terrible," she tells her. "heartbreak is a possibility and I don't want that."

"Everyone goes through it," Jesy reminds her. "it's not like it's an uncommon thing. Just try it."

Perrie sits there and thinks to herself. She taps her fingers against the soft bed and huffs.

"Fine."

||

~ a/n ~

kinda short but hey, it's just a filler ig. hopefully you liked it, though haha. love you lots!

-snazzyjerrie aka Natalie :*