chapter 16

WARNING: CHAPTER MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME VIEWERS. PLEASE DON'T READ IF ABUSE IS TRIGGERING FOR YOU.

Perrie sighs deeply as she writes down the problem on her paper. Her mind wonders off to her and Jade studying together and all of the memories it made. She smiles for a while, but then it slowly fades away when she realizes no more memories may never be made with the brunette again. She frowns and sighs again, trying to get the imagines away from her mind.

She realizes no matter what she does, she can't stop thinking about her. So, she pulls out her phone and calls the only person that could take her off her mind.

"Hello?"

She smiles, "Zayn, can you come over?"

-

She opens up the door as Zayn knocks softly on it. He smiles at her and she smiles back, hugging him tightly. They stay like that for a while and Zayn raises his eyebrows; she never does this. Something has to be up, he thinks.

"Hey," he says softly as he makes her look up at him. "What's wrong?"

She smiles weakly and fakely, "Nothing, sweetie."

"Stop lying to me, Per," he says. Her smile disappears and he rubs her back softly. "What's wrong?"

She looks up at the tattooed boy and gives him a sympathetic look, "What's wrong is that I've been lying to you."

He raises his eyebrows again and pushes the hair out of her face. "What do you mean?" he asks in a calm tone.

"I'm still in love with Jade. I always have been while we were dating."

His heart drops. He was hoping to never hear those words again. He wants Perrie all to himself, he loves her, he wants to be with her all of the time. He doesn't want some nerd to ruin that. "But she loves Harry, honey."

He notices her face drop and he knows her heart dropped exactly the same way his did a few seconds ago. "I know that," she mumbles quietly. "But I still love her. I can't keep hiding my emotions with pretending to be in love with you."

Zayn feels his heart rip in half this time. Pretending to be in love with you. Ouch, that was pretty harsh. Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but it surely hurt him. "Oh," is all he can think of as a response.

"I'm so-"

"So all of this time, you were pretending?" he asks her, anger slowly rising.

"Well, kind of-"

"You know how fucked up that is?" he now shouts, moving closer to her. As she backs away, he gets even closer. "You fucking used me to try to get over someone. Maybe people are right, you're just some bitch."

"Zayn, please-"

He places a hand on her shoulder and shoves it slightly. "But I'm not entirely mad," he states, voice still raised. "I don't care if you love her. You will be mine, got that?"

Her lips tremble in fear, "But-"

He now pushes her into the wall with more force than before, "Got that?"

She grunts in pain as the hard wall hits her back. She looks up at him with terrified eyes, "Y-Yeah."

He smiles in satisfaction, "Good. Now, let's go get some food, yeah?"

-

As the couple walks into the restaurant, they spot another couple that both of them despise very much. Harry and Jade laugh in the booth that's in the corner. Zayn tries to ignore their presence and walks over to a table somewhat beside them. Perrie awkwardly follows, trying to not make any eye contact.