chapter 20

If you didn't get to see chapter 19, here's a summary: Jade and Harry are awkward, Jade calls the police on Zayn for beating Perrie, Louis and Harry kiss, and Perrie gets checked up by a nice police man that tells her it's okay and Zayn won't hurt her anymore.

And that's what you (maybe) missed on Sweet Surrender.

;

Knock knock.

Zayn and Louis' heads turn around to stare at the door. Who could be coming over at this time of day? Well, it is like 4 pm, but still.

Louis hesitantly suggests he should get it and Zayn immediately agrees, watching his best mate slowly walk toward the door. Another knock, this time louder. Louis whimpers softly, getting scared. "Oh man up," Zayn grumbles, even if he, himself, feels like shitting himself.

As Louis slowly unlocks the door and opens it, the door swings open and he's being grabbed by the collar. A large man with a police uniform glares down at him, "Are you Zayn Malik?"

Louis shakes his head millions of times, feeling like crying at this point. Lou's a whimp and everyone knows that, even him. He can't take people yelling at him or just looking at him wrong. Even if he has that badass, 'I will kick your ass' look to him, he would never even hurt a fly.

The police man sets him down, mumbling a soft 'sorry'. Him and a few other police men barge into the house and search for Zayn. When they find him, he's already starting to dash to the bedroom. One of the police men get him before he could get further.

"I'm guessing this is Zayn?" he says as he growls at the tattooed, scared boy in his hands. The other police men nod. The one holding Zayn-- officer Hunter, as his name tag says --looks down at the boy he's holding and smirks, "so you like beating girls, huh?"

Zayn manages to shake his head, but it results in officer Hunter to pull him closer to his face and growl once again. "Perrie is living proof that you do, you son of a bitch. Don't pull that innocent card on me, mister, I can smell the weed in this room. And I know what you did to that poor girl."

"But I love her!" Zayn begins to shout, getting desperate. "You can't take me away from true love!"

"True love? Oh, you don't know what that is," office Hunter laughs coldly. "True love isn't beating the person you love."

The other offices tell him that it's enough and that they don't want to smell shit in their car because Zayn shit himself due to being scared. They all laugh, but agree. They begin dragging Zayn out of the house, Zayn wiggling and whining along the way.

"Where is he going?" Louis asks, his tone full of worry. He's scared himself. He knows what Zayn did was wrong, but he doesn't want his best friend in jail.

"Prison," officer Hunter says as he hands the annoying boy to another officer. "Where he belongs."

Louis feels heartbreak for a moment and looks down at the floor. "Oh," he mumbles. Knowing it's his last chance, he looks back up and feels years prickle his eyes as he looks at his tattooed best friend. "I'm going to miss you," he shouts, even if he expects no response.

Zayn just keeps trying to get out of the grip and ignores Louis completely, not even attempting to say goodbye to his best mate.

"I'm assuming you're his friend?" officer Hunter says, sighing softly. When Louis nods, he smiles sympathetically. "He did something wrong. I'm sorry."

Louis just sighs deeply and nods. "I know. I know he deserves this for beating Perrie. He may even deserve being in a mental hospital. He's seriously bipolar. He'll punch Perrie one second and love her the other. It's dangerous. But I'll miss him anyways. Friends always stick together."

-

"So, Zayn's in jail now?" Liam asks Louis as he places the cigarette between his lips. As he takes a puff, Louis nods, making him sigh and breathe out the smoke. "Poor guy. Gunna miss him. Nice lad, until he started beating poor Perrie. It's gunna be different around here now, y'know? Everyone will know Zayn's in jail for beating up girls and then everyone will assume we're assholes also."

"But we don't beat up girls," Louis says, sighing deeply. "Zayn's an asshole, a bipolar asshole. But people can't just assume shit like that."

Liam nods in slightly agreement before pulling the cigarette out of between his lips, throwing it on the ground and stepping on it. He sighs, thinking about the difference it will make without Zayn here. "Our clique has now narrowed down to, what, 2 people? Harry hates us, I think."

Louis smiles and giggles softly, "He doesn't hate us; especially me."

Liam raises his eyebrows and eyes the smaller lad weirdly. "What?"

"We kissed."

Liam laughs, assuming he's joking. He looks at the smaller boy and sees the seriousness in his face. He almost chokes up on air. "I knew it," he laughs. "I knew you two would end up fucking. It was bound to happen. I'm surprised you two didn't fuck while playing that video game a few weeks ago."

Louis glares at the boy but they end up laughing in unison.

-

"He's in prison?" Jesy asks the brunette sitting across from her. As she nods, she laughs loudly, making people stare at her. "I knew that prick would end up in there soon."

"The police told me he may be heading to a mental hospital, though," Jade tells her. Both Perrie and Jesy eye her weird and raise their eyebrows. "Yeah, they said some 'small lad who seemed a bit feminine and fond of Zayn' told one of the officers that he should be in a mental hospital, so they actually took that advice."

"Why would he need to be there?"

"He's bipolar," she tells them. "They even did checks and everything. He's actually bipolar, so he got accepted to go to a mental hospital instead of jail time."

All of the girls laugh for a moment, thinking about how Zayn did seem bipolar. He went from being caring and amazing to being a total douchebag. It was so obvious.

-

"Perrie Edwards?" the lady on the other line says in an annoying, stereotypical British accent.

Perrie sighs, "This is she."

"Officer Hunter has given me a recommendation that I should ask for you to come to see Dr. Kennedy some time soon."

Perrie sits there in confusion. Then it hits her. The police man who saw her cuts, he called a therapy office and told them to get her an appointment. She shakes her head many times. "I can't do that."

The lady sighs, "Miss, we just want to help you. Cutting is a serious problem. Just one appointment?"

Perrie thinks for a moment. Then she sighs. "Alright. Friday afternoon is great."

-

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IM SO SORRY

IM WRAPPING EVERYTHING UP AND ITS BEING KIND OF JUMBLED.

and also, sorry for any inconvenience for people who couldn't see chapter 19. I was really upset when I noticed bc I couldn't see it also. I thought it deleted my stuff but thankfully it didn't. but anyways I'm sorry.

BUT YEAH THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. 4K!!! YEKAHEHYAJAV

anyways... byeeeee.