chapter 18

WARNING: triggering content once again. self-harm and abuse are used in this, so please, please, don't read this if those are triggering. and please, if you are going through problems like little perrie here, aka self-harm or abuse, please call a suicide hotline or the police (for abuse). i love you all so much. don't ever hurt yourself, you're amazing.

Rumor has spread that Jade and Harry have officially broken up. Harry hasn't been seen for about 3 days after the alleged break up, making everyone suspicious. Then the rumors of Perrie and Zayn having problems come out. People believe that what Jesy has said about Zayn beating Perrie is true, making everyone hate him.

After a few days of the kiss, Perrie and Jade have been secretly going out, not telling anyone, especially Zayn. Rumors have also spread of Harry and Louis breaking contact from each other.

Perrie walks down the hall with Jesy, her supposed new bodyguard, and goes to her locker. After the whole Jesy slapping Zayn thing, people have been afraid of her. Perrie had to beg Jesy to help her and be her bodyguard. Jesy kindly excepted the request and tries her best to keep Zayn away from her. It always fails, though. Zayn always finds a way to get to Perrie.

"I can't believe that Zayn is still trying to get to you," jesy mumbles as they get to the locker. She fumbles around with her books in her hands and sighs deeply as she thinks of the tattooed boy. She can't think of a reason why someone would hurt the person that they love physically ever. There is just no logical reason for what he is doing to her.

Perrie just sighs in response and shrugs as well. She grabs a few books and notebooks, frowning slightly. She glances at her wrist, seeing the new bruises that she knows Zayn has made, not her. They're purple and whenever you touch them, she winces in pain. A few cuts are also visible, but she knows it wasn't Zayn who did that.

She looks over at her brunette friend and smiles weakly, "He says he loves me."

Jesy just laughs and shakes her head, "He definitely does not love you. You cannot just hurt someone that you love."

Perrie nods in agreement and before she can say anything, the first bell rings. They both say their goodbyes and go their separate ways. Perrie stares at the tile floor beneath her and counts the little marbles stuck inside of the tile. She frowns as she relates herself to the marbles stuck in the tile. She is a marble stuck in tile.

-

Another hit to the face and Perrie is completely motionless, letting it all happen and just waiting for it to finally end. She sees the darkness is Zayn's eyes and it terrifies her even more. His voice is full of anger when he yells, so she shuts up, not wanting to hear his voice anymore. He kicks her one last time in the stomach, smiling when he hears her grunt. "That'll teach you to stop being a little fag."

She grimaces in disgust, his words making her feel both pain and annoyance. "Why would you beat me for being a fag?" she grunts. "Why not beat Louis, too? Huh?"

"Lou is my best mate," he defends, groaning at her question. He rolls his eyes in annoyance. Perrie can't believe that he would be annoyed by anything right now.

"And I'm your girlfriend," she says, lying in a way. "So your best mate is better than your girlfriend? You make me sick."

Zayn kicks her stomach again, "Shut the fuck up."

She groans in pain and grabs her stomach. She knows she'll be sore later. Zayn tells her to go take a shower and clean up before he leaves to the living room. She scoffs at him before slowly and painfully getting up from her position. She limps over to the bathroom and feels tears brim in her eyes.