P

Song of the Chapter:

Final Fantasy by Drake

~Joey

"Yo, yo, yo."

I said as I walked into Dessy's place. The pro's were linking here to talk about the Atlanta trip. We needed to figure out who all was coming, what was being performed.... you know, business. Dessy said we also have some personal shit that needs to be discussed too.

"What's good son." Dessy said to me. His left arm was in a cast, but other than that he was straight.

"I'm glad to see you looking good." I dapped him up. He pulled me to the side, away from everyone.

"Yo, so about the party." He said. "What really happened with Kat? I been hitting her up, and she ain't been responding. Shit seem shady."

"Yea. Really bro, after you got shot she just dipped. We don't know where shorty went." I said.

"Nah fuck that. Come with me real quick." Dessy said as he walked towards the door.

"We'll be back. Steez come with me real quick" He said to everybody.

Ah shit.

I could tell by the tone of his voice that we were about to get into some shit, but this my brother so it is what it is. I can't let him ride solo, whatever it is he finna do. At least Steez is coming. He's normally the more rational one.

"Where we goin'?"

"We finna pull up on Kat." He threw some keys towards Steez. "Drive."

I just hopped in the backseat without saying anything.

Zella 🖤

What you want for dinner tonight? Tell your Mom you staying at somebody's house.

I looked at the text on my phone from Zella. We had made plans to hangout tonight. She ain't say nothing about cooking, so I'm pretty happy. What can I say? I love to eat. She definitely knows the way to a nigga's heart.

Fried chicken. I'll be over around 7.

We were outside of Kat's building within minutes. We all stay relatively close to each other. We walked up to her apartment, three deep, in the middle of the day, and knocked on her door.

"Are her parents here?" I asked.

"Yea cause I don't know if that's gone be a good look." Steez said.

As if on cue, both her mom and dad opened the door. Dessy cleared his throat.

"Hello. Is Kat here?" He asked.

"Who?" Her mom said.

"Katherine?" Her dad questioned. We all looked at each other a little confused. Was Kat's name Katherine? I had no clue, and apparently neither did this nigga Dessy.

"Um yes." Dessy responded.

"Why? What do you need?" Her dad responded. Oh lord.

"I'm dating her." He said. Her parents looked at each other and laughed.

"Katherine isn't allowed to date. So you're mistaken." Her mom said. "Katherine come here."

Yikes. I thought we were going to come here, they were going to cuss each other out, and then we would see if they got back together or not. Never would I have imagined some weird shit like this would happen. Kat...I mean Katherine came to the door.