Duck Ponds

Dear Keith,

You haunt me wherever I go. 

I know you aren't dead and I don't want to say you might as well be because that's rude but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I see you in every place I go, in every face I pass. You are everywhere, that same cold look in your eyes reflects in everything I do. It feels like everything I do these days is to impress you even if you're not around. I dial it all up to one hundred in hopes that you might round a corner, see me and crack even a slither of a smile. You don't have to smile like the way you smile at him, just even a fraction of that. I always hope you're somehow there, watching me. God, all of that sounds really fucking creepy. I'll explain a bit more.

Veronica is back in town though I doubt you would care. Anyway, she decided to go for a tour just for old time's sake and we ended up at the duck pond in Barry park, you know the one down by Star-street.

I couldn't stand being in that place for more than five minutes without you.

I heard your giggle in the pond splashes and I saw your face in the reflection of the water. You were everywhere I looked. The one time I didn't want to see you and you were there.

God, you must think I'm so pathetic.

Here I am, suffering heartbreak from someone I was never even with. It's so stupid and I wish I could get over it but I can't. You cut off all ties to me without reason or chance to explain myself or apologize for what I may or may not have done. I just miss you so fucking much.

I don't care how or in what way, I just want you back.

Missing you,

Lance