Chapter 2

Walking into the shop, I go directly to the cameras and spot a Polariod. "How much is this Polariod?" I ask.

    "Normally, a solid 35. But for you, I'll make it twenty five." The nameless cashier responds. Unable to resist, I take out my money and give him the money for the camera and five dollars more for the paper. As I exit the shop, I hear a voice.

   "Adrienne! Come on! Miss Rosaline wants you back at the home!" The oldest girl in the house pulls up next to me. I don't cause any difficulties because when Miss Rosaline wants me back, I need to get back. I hop into the car. Like I'm getting adopted anytime soon. I'm an ugly, fat, sad excuse for a human.

The car comes to a stop and I pull myself out with my belongings. Little babies and toddlers are already being signed out. People always want the youngest ones so that they can mold them into young versions of themselves. Figured that one out my second month here, one of the older kids revealed that painful truth to me in a not so kind way. Oh well, they helped me out in the long run, I didn't have enough time to get too attached to the idea of getting adopted.

" Adrienne Williams, please report to the AO." The PO blares. With what seems like a thousand eyes on me, I straighten out myself and stumble to the Adoption Office. Anxiety boils in the pit of my empty stomach, no words can express how nervous I am right now. In the past five group homes I've been placed in, I have only been called into the AO because I've done something, there's a potential adopter, or I'm being transferred to another home. 

When I open the door, my heart stops. Before my eyes, stands Troian Bellisario.