Chapter 6

Troian's POV

       Adrienne begins to shake, her eyes are wide, revealing the fear and guilt in her dark, beautiful eyes. Tears threaten to fall, however the do not quite yet, simply sitting at the brim of her eyelids. Guilt bubbles in the pit of my stomach as she darts out of my arms and runs into the bathroom.  No, no, no this is all my fault I scream at myself as she slams the door shut. With painful despair, I hear the click of the lock. We all know what she might do in there alone with her thoughts, the idea of her harming her sweet little self sickens me.

         Her sobs echo throughout the house. Suddenly I remember, the spare key! I dash to my room and grab the silver glimmer of hope. Rushing to the ensuite, I fumble with the lock for a moment  and unlock it as fast as I possibly can. Tears threaten to fall, but I have to stay strong for Adrienne. I open the door and see my daughter slashing at her thin wrists. Blood dripping onto the white tile, her sobs echo even louder in here, breaking my heart. I crouch down and pry the silver blade from her hand, cautiously,  I begin to clean up the new bleeding cuts.

       "Why baby girl, why? I love you. I don't understand why you would do that to yourself. You're a beautiful, smart girl." I say while cleaning the blood off the floor.

       " Y-you wouldn't u-understand. I'm s-still trying to figure out why you chose m-me. Y-you don't want a burden l-like me. Just go!" Her voice rises with every word, she pushes me off of her through sobs. I feel bad for her. She was forced to grow up so quickly. It's not fair.

     "Baby, I do understand. And I chose you because Miss Rosaline told me that out of all of the kids, you were the one who needed a second chance the most. I read your file, and I immediately fell in love with the idea of being your second chance, the one who fixed it all." I tell her, taking the cloth and placing it in the sink, running the water as to avoid bloodstains. I lift her frail body up and take her tyo bed