The end of an era

-Control room-

"Hey Optimus, Why did you call us all here? What's going on?" Bumblebee asked, his voice barely heard above the chatter from the many Autobots gathered in the room.

"Hush, he'll tell us all soon enough..." Kup mumbled, crossing his arms and sighing.

Optimus took a deep breath and walked to the front of the group, clearing his throat to get everyone's attention. "I really hope this works...." he thought, worry twisting in his spark.

"I have gathered you all here for a reason, my fellow Autobots." His commanding voice rang out, silencing the group instantly. "It is time for the end of an era. The Great War is no more."

Shocked whispers and comments erupted from the group, mostly the old veterans who had been in the war ever since they were forged. They just couldn't believe it.

"What do you mean, Optimus?" Prowl raised his voice to be heard.

"I mean that I have ended the war once and for all." Optimus said, his bright blue optics scanning the shocked faces of his colleagues.

"You.... you terminated Megatron?" Hound spoke in a husky voice.

Optimus shook his head, ignoring the fear and pain he felt in his spark. "Megatron has not been vanquished. He has agreed to make this war come to an end as well."

"What?! That's impossible!" Ironhide retorted, shaking his fist in the air. "Megatron would never agree to such a thing!"

"I did, believe it or not." Megatron's raspy voice sliced through the chattering of the shocked Autobots. He stepped out from behind the wall and stood next to Optimus confidently.

Every Autobot's jaw dropped in sheer awe and shock. The mech who had brought them so much pain and suffering was standing right there, agreeing to end the war that he started!

Optimus turned to Megatron and smiled under his faceplate. He placed a hand on his shoulder and looked back at his Autobots. "Autobots, we are no longer enemies. We have put the past behind us and are willing to work together as one. Put your differences aside and help me end this war together."

"I can't believe this is happening..." Wheeljack whispered to Ratchet, who nodded in agreement,

It was Bumblebee who stepped up and stood with Optimus. He smiled and looked at Megatron, who also had a small smile on his face. "Come on, guys! If Megatron can change, than so can we! It's time that we put an end to this war once and for all!"

"Can't believe I'm sayin' this, but the kid's right..." Ironhide sighed, walking up and standing next to Bumblebee.

Eventually everyone joined in, which turned out better than Optimus expected. Although Megatron was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of positive attention he was getting, he somewhat enjoyed it. It was nice just to finally relax without being on edge all the time.

But this wasn't over yet, he still needed to talk to his men to see if they would agree as well.

"Alright everyone, lets calm down. Megatron must speak to the Decepticons and see if they too want to end this war." Optimus quieted everyone down as Megatron walked over to Teletran-1.

Megatron sighed, looking at the complex machinery before him. He pressed a few buttons and soon enough, the call was being put through.

"Starscream I swear if this is you screwing around with m— oh hello Lord Megatron." Shockwave chuckled, rubbing the back of his helm nervously. He almost passed out when he noticed the large crowd of Autobots behind Megatron. "Good heavens! Watch out, my lord!"

"Not needed, Shockwave." Megatron grunted.

"W-What? But why aren't you attacking them? They're right there! Don't you see them?" Shockwave was utterly confused.

"I know they are there. I've called you for a reason. I need you to relay a message to all Decepticons. The message is this: The war with the Autobots is over. We are now free to coexist as we once did on Cybertron. We shall put aside our differences and come together as one." Megatron said calmly, a look of exhaustion on his face. He was so ready to get this over and done with.

"You can't be serious... it ends just like that..?" Shockwave stammered, his one optic glowing bright yellow.

Megatron nodded, clearing his throat and glancing at Optimus. "I wish to stay here with the company of my friend, Optimus Prime. Don't bother sending a search party for me, I'm not going anywhere."

"So... you're leaving us?"

"Yes."

"And we can do as we please?"

"As long as you don't provoke anyone else or the Autobots. I will not tolerate another war."

"Okay.... I'll do my best to relay this to the troops. Shockwave out."

The screen went blank as the call ended. Megatron turned around and sighed heavily, his shoulders sagging. "That has to be one of the hardest things I've ever done..."

"I know it's hard, but it's for the best. Lets go get some rest, you look exhausted..." Optimus mumbled, allowing Megatron to lean against him as they walked down the hallway.

This was the end of an era. The War had ended with no true winner or loser. It was like a stalemate that was intended to last forever.

But with their prominent leader gone, someone had to take charge over the Decepticons who still believed in the violent ways of the past.

Which mech would be brave enough to step up to the plate and take all that responsibility?