The duel

Megatron studied Starscream for a moment, calculating the seeker's first move. After all the years he had spent fighting in the gladiator pits of Kaon, he had grown accustomed to studying his opponent and predicting what move they were going to make next.

Just as expected, Starscream made the first move. Though he was quick and much more agile than Megatron, the warlord made up for it in skill and brute strength. Megatron easily parried the blow with his blade, flicking Starscream's blade right out of his hand.

He chuckled as the blade dug into the sand a few feet away, twirling his own blade and grinning. He growled, not giving Starscream time to answer as he charged at the defenseless seeker and rammed him with his shield.

Starscream snarled, tumbling backwards and skidding in the sand. He pushed himself up, eying his blade before looking back at Megatron. "You play dirty, hm? Is that how you won all of those matches?" He taunted, baring his sharp denta.

"Talk during battle is a sign of weakness." Megatron growled, lunging at Starscream with his sword. He knew the seeker would dodge it to the left, so he lowered his shoulder and drove it into Starscream's chassis when the seeker did dodge his sword.

Starscream yelped, falling on his back and immediately getting up. He snarled at Megatron, though a fierce grin soon spread across his face.

Megatron hesitated, wondering why Starscream was smiling. He looked over his shoulder, his optics widening when he saw Optimus, his Decepticons, and the other Autobots on their knees with guns to their heads. He was blinded by rage and gripped his sword tightly, whipping around to face Starscream.

"I knew it. You've grown soft during your time spent with the Autobots." Starscream spat, flicking his wings. "You have two choices: continue the duel as planned and I order them to be killed, or you can surrender now."

Megatron froze for a moment, staring at Optimus. 'No... no I locked that monster away.... it's never coming back out..' he thought, breathing heavily. 'It needs to come out! I can't let them die!' He growled, turning to face Starscream. "Neither." He uttered, leaping at Starscream and slamming him into the ground to immobilize him for a little while.

He ran over to where they were being held, holding up his shield and taking them out one by one with his blade. Soon, his blade was stained with the energon of the slain Decepticons. His optics burned with an unquenchable thirst for vengeance as he turned back to Starscream, a snarl rising in his throat.

Starscream just stared in horror, his optics wide with terror. Now he remembered why Megatron was always meant to be the leader, even though he didn't want to admit it. His wings quivered and he chuckled nervously as Megatron, along with the Autobots and Decepticons, stood to face him. "Um... I think I'll be going now..."

"Not so fast!" Thundercracker snarled, using his thrusters to launch himself at Starscream. He tackled his trinemate, pinning him down on the ground and putting him in stasis cuffs. Optimus has provided him with those, along with a very reluctant Prowl.

"Thundercracker! You traitor!" Starscream snapped, trying to fight against his trinemate's grip.

"Your reign of terror is over, Starscream. Now there can be true peace." Optimus said, stepping forwards and glancing at Megatron.

"There will never be true peace! Not while he still functions!" Starscream shouted, snarling at Megatron before being shut up by Thundercracker.

Megatron just stood there, still holding his energon-stained blade tightly in his hand. He had a blank expression on his face, his optics were filled with regret and sorrow. How had it become so easy to just let himself go like that?

Optimus narrowed his optics, shaking his head as he looked to Megatron again. "You Alright?"

Megatron simply nodded, gesturing for Thundercracker to bring Starscream over. "Come on. Let's go back to base...." he mumbled, turning on his heel and slowly walking away.