14

cassie

"you are lying to me." daria says, sipping her iced tea from the mcdonald's cup in her hands.

i throw my arms up in surrender. this girl does not believe me that brandon admitted he liked me, which is only a little offensive. 

"you only don't believe her because you want to literally fuck austin porter until he can't cum anymore." emma says, looking at daria as she chokes on the sip from her drink.

"THANK YOU," i exclaim, sprawling out on the floor in frustration. 

daria hits emma over the head with a pillow. "that was a personal attack and i'm extremely offended." 

emma shrugs her shoulders and takes a sip of her iced coffee, not being able to care any less than she does at that moment. "sorry 'bout it."

"cassie, are you sure going out with him is a good idea? you know how much drama kayla likes to cause." maddy speaks up and leads us back on topic.

sadly maddy had a point. i sigh and think back to all the thoughts that fluttered through my head last night. brandon says it's me he wants to be with, and apparently kayla is accepting of his choice. but do i really trust that? should i really trust that?

kayla is infamous for being a dramatic bitch and pretty soon i'll be infamous for it too if this drama doesn't resolve itself somehow. a little voice in the back of my head tries to tell me that it won't ever settle unless i get over brandon and i shove the idea as far away in my consciousness as i can, locking it up in a cage and throwing away the key. 

frowning, i sit back up. "i need a shot of vodka."

i go into my kitchen and into the pantry. my mom still hasn't unpacked the boxes of alcohol that we have, and since she never drinks, i don't think she'll notice if a shot's worth is gone.... or a few.

i rummage through and pull out the large bottle of grey goose she bought when we were going to florida last year. barely a third of it is gone, meaning i can easily add a little water to replace what goes missing. 

i pop the cork out of the top and take a swig. the alcohol burns in my throat and warms my chest, the placebo making me feel better almost instantly.

"zion is never going to like me back." maddy frowns as i go back into the living room. i take the bottle with me.

i pass it over to her. "you don't know that," i say. "you haven't had much of a chance to get to know him yet."

maddy takes a gulp and her face contorts as the alcohol sinks down her stomach. "i guess," she sighs. "he's just so... him. and i'm me."

emma rolls her eyes and takes the bottle from maddy. "you guys are actually stupid," she scoffs. "any guy would be beyond lucky to get with you people."

"exactly," daria says, "which is exactly why austin needs to fuck me." daria takes her turn with the bottle and pours a large amount into her iced tea.

i can't help but laugh while i feel my phone buzz in my pocket. and for some reason, i already know who it is. just like i always do.

it's brandon.

brandon

hey cutie. there's a party at my place tonight, wanna come?

a smile forms on my face before i tell the girls what the message says. is that what happens when you have a... thing? a 'thing' with the popular boy? parties, football games, parties and more football games?

"guys, brandon just invited me to a party at his house tonight," i say, getting excited. my heart starts to beat faster and my stomach does flips as i already start to think about what i want to wear.