Chapter 338 :One who Claimed to be God

"There's a troublesome guy like that? Who could it be?" (Fohl)

Fohl bears a repulsed expression on his face that seems to stem from the depths of his heart.

Troublesome... is it?

Otherworlders in themselves are quite a troublesome existence too.

They're arbitrarily summoned, so they can't complain, and they end up in situations like ours.

Before coming to this world, I did look up to epic otherworldly fight sequences, so it's a strange feeling.

Reincarnation, the existence you meet before you're born anew- that is...

"It's God." (Naofumi)

"God... I see, so there are stories like that in Naofumi-san's world. There was an NPC like that in a few games, but I was unable to connect the dots." (Itsuki)

"Well, you probably get it already, but I'll talk. To be more specific, it's usually something that claims to be a god, I guess. Something like that." (Naofumi)

If someone were to die in a tragic accident... like Ren, Itsuki, or Motoyasu, he would call out to them.

To those who faced such misfortune, he would say, 『Here, you died an unfortunate death, so shall I give you life once more in another world?』 He would whisper in their ears and tempt them.

Since they're dead, there's no way they can refuse.

If they decline, it's 『Oh, I've developed a liking for you! How about I throw in a Cheat ability as well?』 forcing them to agree either way.

There's also the possibility of forceful reincarnation without any interaction.

I've read novels like that time and time again.

If the one God chose was... someone like Tact, then what would happen?

He was probably a man from some world somewhere out there who played a game that resembled this world.

Or perhaps the game itself was his own creation.

Perhaps Ren, Itsuki, and Motoyasu were merely following his lead.

Then this leads to a single answer.

All God had to do was reincarnate a playing piece he could move to his will, to put those fighting the wave in an unfavorable position.

The Queen and the Granny said it.

Geniuses control the prosperity and decay of society.

Hengen Musou... What would happen if this style were to be spread around the world?

It would definitely become a threat to the operation of the Wave.

So he sent a reincarnated and cut off its lineage.

There's no way we can confirm or deny whether someone perpetuating these events exists.

The fact that the various information about the wave spread around the world has all vanished is more proof than anything.

"God... Thinking back, I've heard that a religion worshiping something like that existed in the past. I see." (Trash)

Trash seems to have some sort of idea.

This is a world that has handed down tales of the heroes for generations.

But, other religions must also exist.

They didn't gain traction due to the Four Heroes and the Seven Stars.

...But, there must have been one who started it. Perhaps the Hero who became the base for the brainwashing daggers.