Chapter 334: Two Thirds

"Now then, with this, we've pretty much finished cleaning up his forces. Go shoot some light magic." (Naofumi)

As per Trash's order, I give the command. Sadina raises her harpoon into the sky and chants magic.
Well, the Cane should have flown to the man, so he should already know the conclusion.

"Hmm? Wha-"

When I look towards the battlefield, I find myself at a loss for words.
It's fine that smoke's rising from the castle town.
I mean, the fires seem to have subsided greatly.

The problem is the area close to the fortress.
The remnants of about half the Faublian army come running... seemingly after suffering heavy damage.

"Naofumi." (Ren)

Ren points to the battlefield.
At that moment, something glows, and a beam of light shoots through the Faublian army.

"Do you know what's happening?" (Ren)
"... Probably." (Naofumi)

It was fired from Melromark's side, and based on the marks left behind, I think it's heavy artillery.
(TL: How would you translate 四射目?)
After that, a thick laser-like beam pierces the sky.

"I think it's Rat's new weapon... and Trash's skill." (Naofumi)

A carriage-type... no, Tank-type Mii-kun is probably letting loose the armaments equipped on him.
Like a swarm of baby spiders, half of the Faublian army scatters and flees in this direction. The rest appear to have surrendered. There's no sign of movement from them.

"More importantly. We should arrest Tact and his followers already, and go fight the wave." (Naofumi)
"Yeah." (Ren)

I don't know if any force will come to assist him, so I wonder what I should do.

"Witch... don't think you can escape." (Raphtalia)

With hammer in hand, Raphtalia stands before Witch, who was quietly trying to escape. She glares at her.
Remembering the events up until now, there's not a single person who will let that bitch go.
Just how many things had to become sacrifices because of her?

"Ku..."
"Your life is already over. It's time for you to prepare for your painful execution." (Naofumi)

I point my thumb towards the ground and look to Sadina.

"Arara. 「Dreifach Thunderbolt」!" (Sadina)

As if she guessed my intention, Sadina casts lightning magic to prevent Witch's escape.

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" (Witch)

It was quite a cry.

"KYAAAAAAAH!"

Seeing the tempest of lightning dancing before them, Tact's women raise up some screams.
It's paralysis. Moving will be impossible for her.
We definitely have no intention of letting her escape.

"Even if she's rotten, her level is unnecessarily high. Firo, look over her. If she tries anything strange, kill her without hesitation." (Naofumi)
"What about Master?" (Firo)
"I'll head to the wave with Gaelion." (Naofumi)
"Eh? Firo wants to be on that side." (Firo)
"Deal with it. Helping out here will help Melty out in the long run." (Naofumi)
"Really? Then Firo will dot it." (Firo)

For Firo, Melty's a precious friend.
I'll bet that having her look after the source of all of this world's evil will prove beneficial to her reputation.

"Gaelion, how long are you going to dig around in that? Let's go already." (Naofumi)
"...Kyua..." (Gaelion)

Hmm? Gaelion's acting strange.
He flies to me in his child mode.
Oy, don't touch me when you're covered in blood.
Though, the blood on my body (Tact's) isn't something to laugh at either.