43

tyler's point of view

after leaving my parent's house, josh and i head to his family's thanksgiving. after that, he'll drop me back off at mine on his way home.

i go black friday shopping with my siblings every year, and i still have no clue what im going to get josh.

"you okay?" he seems to notice im a bit lost in my thoughts and i nod.

"just a little nervous," i answer honestly and he kisses my cheek.

"you'll be fine. ashley, jordan, and abigail will be there. youve met them. there's just two more people now," he tries to soothe me, but it doesnt work.

"but those two people are your parents, josh. theyre important. what if they don't like me?"

"baby, they'll love you. and even if they don't, i do," he pulls into their driveway and i feel my breath hitch.

he squeezes my hand and then knocks on the door. i take a few deep breaths and pull on a smile when i see the door start to open. josh was right. this is terrifying.

"mom, long time no see," he smiles and hugs her. "this is tyler."

"hi! im so glad you could come," joshs mother pulls me into a hug as soon as she lets her son go, and i feel some anxiety leave me. she seems nice.

we all walk in and josh leads me to the kitchen, where his dad is cooking something. his mom went to a different room, so its just the three of us.

"hey, dad," josh wraps an arm around me and smiles at his father. "this is tyler."

"happy thanksgiving, sir," i smile at the man and thank god that my voice doesnt crack in nervousness.

he shakes my hand and smiles warmly. "call me bill."

after josh and his father catch up a bit, we head to the living room with everyone else so he can finish cooking.

"ash, abs, dunk. youve met tyler," josh nods to his siblings, who are all sitting in various places around the room

"good to see you again," i smile a little and speak just loud enough for them to hear.

"so, ive heard a lot about you," misses dun smiles at me. "from each of my children."

"good things i hope."

josh and i sit down on the couch and he rests his hand on my knee.

"well, of course. josh tells us you own lemondrop cafe?" his mother says, taking a sip of water.

"yes, i do," i nod and smile at her, proud of my business.

"my coworkers have brought some pastries to the office before. the food is delicious," bill steps in, wiping his hands on a towel. "i didnt realise that was your place."

"yep. that's me. im glad you enjoyed it. i make everything from scratch."

"really? thats impressive. ill have to stop by sometime," laura winks at me and i shrug.

"only if you want."

"of course she'd want to. your cafe is amazing. don't discredit yourself, ty," josh pipes in now, squeezing my knee lightly.

"thank you."

once the food is ready, we all gather around the table. it goes fairly well, mostly due to josh's attentiveness to my anxiety and jordan's talkative nature.

"so then he comes into my room naked, and he says, 'dude, have you seen my towel?'" jordan laughs until he can't breathe, only faint squeaks escaping his mouth.

josh's cheeks are blushed red next to me and i giggle. "really?"

"yeah!"

"dunk, you're an ass," josh sighs, wiping his mouth with his napkin.

"language," laura frows sternly at josh and he looks down at his plate.

"sorry, mom."

-

"it was so nice to meet you, tyler," josh's mom hugs me on the way out of the building and his father shakes my hand.

abigail, ashley, and jordan all give me quick hugs before they leave too, and then josh and i are left, buckling our seatbelts in my car.

"did i do okay?" i squeeze josh's hand tightly to prevent him from starting the car just yet.

"you did amazing, baby. im so proud of you," he brings a hand up to caress my cheek and kisses me once. "i love you. and they loved you. i could tell."

"really?"

"really," he answers and i can hear that hes telling the truth.

once ive been reassured, he starts the car and we begin the drive back to my parents house, where ill be staying the night after black friday shopping.

"ill see you tomorrow, okay, ty?" josh puts his hand on my knee when we pull up to my parents house again.

"okay," i lean forward and kiss him. "i love you... and ill miss you," i speak quietly and he just squeezes my knee and kisses me again.

"i love you. dont miss me too much, though. just call me," he smiles softly and i nod, getting out of the car and waving goodbye as the car drives away.

it shouldnt be this dramatic, but its been awhile since ive had to spend an entire night without him, and im not unaware of how clingy i am even when he is around, so this definitely wont be easy.

(an: this is short lol sorry)