Chased Away

It was the strangest victory the city of Castelo di Montagne had seen. A large part of the Liberation Army was dead, soldiers standing frozen in place. Nearly a third of their forces were killed or frozen and the same amount had fled before the end of the battle. The remaining group of two hundred people were celebrating and cheering watching the undead army retreating, but it did not feel right, the fleeing undead was an odd sight. The only ones cheering with no dark clouds in their hearts were the people on the wall who did not participate in the battle at all. Mei lifted her head and looked at them, in her eyes they were scum. Cheering for others while too afraid to lift a weapon themselves. She would have been much more angry if she knew what the future had in store for them.

With help of Alexius, they were on their way to hospital, when an unimaginable happened. A group of soldiers stopped them.

"Hey, where are you carrying this?" The officer in a shiny armor asked angrily.

"We must get him to the hospital. Would you be so kind and step aside, or I have to kick you butt first?" Apparently Davena's diplomatic mode was switched off, but the soldier was happz she heard her words, he was looking for fight. Davena was a well known figure in the city in the times of The Order of Silver Swords and many soldiers held a grudge against her. She had been a living example of something they had not been able to be and strived to be now.

"Not only we won't step aside, we will arrest you! By a decree of the king, only true humans are permitted into the city. Monsters which refuse to leave the city will be killed on spot and the ones supporting them will be arrested. You are under arrest Davena," He turned to his soldiers. "Kill that monster and take them to the dungeon."

Davena could not believe her eyes, but she had to the moment the soldiers drew out their swords readying for the ordered execution. Mei and Davena were exhausted after the battle, there was no way they could stop them. Right when all seemed to be lost the heads of several soldiers fell aside. It was the work of Alexius moving at full speed, he cut all of them and fed himself on their blood in the process.

"No time to stare, we have to get out of here!" They turned around and ran to reach the gate in time. Many alarmed guards were running around some of them were trying to close the gate, but Alexius disposed of them by his [Flame Spike].

"A weak skill against a weak ungrateful trash." Alexius smiled.

"You should not have killed them, the guy was surely lying." Davena accused Alexius.

"He was not, I have been watching the guards at the gates. They lured all the non-humans to participate in the First Liberation Army and were not intending to let them in again. They let us in only because we looked like humans carrying some snared animal." Running through the gate Alexius looked up and saw archers readying their arrows. "Quick, use Claw as a shield. notmal arrows won't penetrate his scales." They felt bad for using their wounded friend as a shield, but they had no other option. They made it through the gate with only Davena being hit into her arm. They kept running having no choice but to run to the north. Running to the east would have led them into the human territory.

* * * *

"What have you done??" Velius stared at the king Lexus Marc Laelianus. Of course the conversation was held in private, Velius could not talk to the king this way in public.

"What? The people are afraid of them, they need to go. Besides, you know it is for the best to have a common enemy, not speaking of some monsters's attacks. Do you know how greatly it undermines my authority to defend monsters?"

"But how can you generalize everything? Some idiot werewolf kills someone and you banish all the monsters?"

"Yes, because half the people demand to banish all of them. What am I supposed to do? Defend them? As soon as I start defending them I will have a revolt to suppress. You know that very well, so do not play a nice guy. I need an advisor not someone bothering me with some moral nonsense "