ACT 2Afterword

Why the hell is the afterword of the previous act in the middle of the chapter 26 ?? I think the author is weird. The thing is I have lost inspiration, I guess it is time to discontinue writing for a while. As I grow old, I am bored too easily, I guess my brain is riding a lazy, lazy wave again, shame on it.

They were still heading back to The Skyrock Castle when Alexius stopped and listened to the melody carried by the wind.

"Hey, can you hear that? It is so annoying and the melody is off!" Alexius complained. Mei stopped to listen to it too.

"Hm, he is right and the words are not smart either."

After waiting for a while, Claw and Davena could hear it, it sounded like a march, definitely not a love song.

Fight with honour, fight with heart,

for those marching next to Thee,

make your moves a dazzling art,

your comrades will never flee.

In the face of a cruel foe,

faced with greed and gleeful hate,

ready your shield, sword and bow,

victory is our fate.

Unity is our power,

our will is our sharpest sword,

be it army, keep or tower,

we will keep shaping our world.

With the might of our order,

we will keep shaping our world.

"Who is . . ." Davena was amazed by the song, opening her mouth wide. "Impossible! I know this song, it is our march!"

"Heh? I do not remember marching anywhere while singing this. .." Claw furrowed his eyebrows. . .wait, he had none.

"I do not speak about us, this is the Knight's March, I need to see the one singing." Without another word, Davena set off in the direction the song was coming from. The others had no choice but to follow her. They ran away from the river and the forest was getting more dense as they ran. They did not need to run for long to see the one singing the song.

"No way, it is Pollux! But why is he . . . " Davena's eyes widened as her whisper faded out into silence, she did not want to accept the reality. It was indeed Pollux, but he was a part of a squad of undead and the most disturbing fact was, Pollux himself was an undead. Mei laid her hand on Davena's shoulder, before she could have done anzthing careless.

"Stop, the big ones look quite strong and Claw is not in a good shape." Mei halted Davena's intent to investigate the situation further. Her breathing shallow, Davena watched the file of undead as it was passing by. It was a disturbing experience watching the slothful movements of the dead. They were not in a hurry, for they had all the time in the world, they were giving off an aura of dreadful peace, while tirelessly moving their rotten bodies.

"I do not understand, what are they doing here? I though we left them behind back then." Davne did not want to accept the presence of undead on this continent.

"The worst thing is your friend is among them, it means these are probably the same undead as before, the same group, which influence is expanding." Mei whispered.

"Let's get out of here, It would be too much fighting for a single day." Claw mumbled and their group began to retreat, they creeped around the undead in a wide circle, continuing in their original diretion afterwards.