A Raid

Claw looked at the two people in front of him, they were the people to form the elite team Alquin had talked about the other day. One was an archer, the other was a warrior, the fact they both were a well-known, boring classes had been a let down for Claw. The single piece of interesting information was, the warrior was a son of an elven general. They immediately started scheming, planning to recruit other members, when Claw interrupted them.

"If you are interested, I have another three experienced fighters. We can form a unit." All three looked at Claw, the warrior stared at him, disdain in his eyes.

"Who are you to offer us help? You are bodyguard, just a simpleton." A torrent of harsh words exploded from the warrior's mouth. He did not understand how had a simple bodyguard dared to iinterrupt him.

"The simpleton can take you on with his hands clasped behind his back boy. " Claw said with a decent smile.

The second the words left Claw's mouth, everyone froze. The warrior's face began to change color, until it stopped on bright red.

"Boy!? BOY?!" It seemed ,that the particular word had caused his rage to soar into unimaginable heights. "Draw you sword, I will show you how the BOY fights!" The warrior roared, his previous haughty expresison had already been wiped off of his face by his rage. The two other elves were about to try calming their friend down, when Claw continued.

"I do not need to draw anything, with hand clasped behind my back, as I've said." The elf's reaction was a furious howl followed with a charge. The other two elves stared in shock, the events were evolving too fast and they were unable to take any action at all.

The warrior began to attack Claw with lethal force, but his opponent was able to defend himself with his tail. Every time the warrior saw his folded hands, he panted, unable to suppress his fury.

"Nice dance, what about this?" Claw employed his feet, exploiting his good knowledge of martial arts. Every time the warrior made a bold move, he followed the warrior's leg with his own, sabotaging his critical steps. As a consequence , the warrior found himself laying on the ground quite often. His inability to cause any damage fueled his rage even further.

"Face me properly coward! This is not a dancing lesson." The elf shouted

"You mean like this?" Claw unfolded his arms and unsheated his razor sharp talons. He spat on the talons, the green fuild began to glitter on the blades and emerald reflections filled the room. It was clear the fluid was no ordinary saliva. Claw's muscles bulged under his scales, making him look even more imposing.

The two elves, who had been standing aside blinked. It was clear to them, their friend would not have lasted two seconds, if Claw had gone all out.

"Die!!" The warrior roared, slashing with his sword, but the blade just bounced off of Claw's scales. That moment, even he understood his chance to defeat the fearsome reptile monster towering before him was nonexistent.

"What is the thing Alquin? What is it?" The warior asked hoarsely, his body trembling. As a son of an elven general, he was trained by the best, but he had never fought against someone like this. It seemed the thing standing before him was not a living being, but a devilish killing machine.

"Calm down everyone, I do not want to see any injuries!" Alquin had finally awoken from his stupor and tried to break up the fight. He wanted to jump in between the two, but the horror image of Claw caused his legs to be frozen solid.

"Maybe we stepped out with the wrong foot. call me Claw." He retracted his talons, extending his hand, but he realized it was still stained with poison and he lowered it again. "Eh, that's a bit awkward, I guess handshakes have to wait."