Bathtime

Eragon's POV:

It had been days since Eragon had been anything near clean. Although he was more than anxious to see Arya again, the bath was well appreciated. It also gave him time to think about what he was going to say about his return. After all, he was never supposed to return. And they would wonder about who he left in charge too.

After considering his options, he decided it was best to tell the fair folk that he came back to check on the people of Alagaësia. He came to the realization that they would think longing a petty reason to return. Eragon didn't disagree, he was possibly putting the new riders at risk, but it was a risk he had to take. He would go mad if he waited any longer to see Arya. And what kind of teacher would he be if he was mad?

Eragon knew that Arya would ask questions, specifically why he came back. He didn't think she would take it well if he told her his true reasons for coming back. But he had to. He would try his best to get her to understand, no matter what it took.

His thoughts were interrupted by Saphira. " Little one, are you almost finished? We should hurry, I am anxious to see Fírnen. As I know you are anxious to see Arya."

"Yes, just let me dry off." He retrieved a fresh set of clothes, the best he had with him, put them on, and took his usual spot upon Saphira. She took to the air, and they were on their way.

After a few moments, Eragon was able to see the elven capital. His heart raced, he didn't think this day would ever come. He was thankful it did.

Eragon felt Saphira slow her pace and start their descent. They agreed, by silent consent, that they could not enter the city by air. At least not if they wanted to surprise Arya and Fírnen.

When Saphira touched the ground, Eragon leapt off. However, instead of keeping pace, he walked beside her.

"Saphira, what if Arya does not welcome me? What if she is angry?"

"Little one, I believe she missed you as much you missed her. She may think you neglected your duty, but she will stay be glad you returned. Do not worry."

Eragon knew she was right, but couldn't stop think about the matter. Even if Arya missed him, she always put her duty first. He had put his duty first for seventeen years, that was more than enough for him. She, however, had done what was best for the people of Alagaësia for much longer.

Eragon was lost in thought, so he did not notice the tree that he was headed straight for. But Saphira did. She grabbed him with her teeth just in time.

"I told you not to worry, Eragon. Look where it got you, you almost walked into a tree! Soon you will see Arya and everything will be alright, as it should be." Saphira gently set Eragon on the ground, and they quickened their pace.

As they made their way, they saw a blue speck racing toward them. When it got close enough, they recognized the speck as Blödhgarm.

To make sure, Eragon reached out with his mind. Blödhgarm did not attack this time. He simply said " Welcome back Shadeslayer. We have missed you."

"We have missed you too."

"Do you have any plans for your entrance?" Blödhgarm questioned

"No. We don't want to waste time with a grand entry."

"As you wish. Shall we go?"

" Yes, and let our pace be brisk"

With that, they start their short journey to the elven city.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been busy with school and stuff. I'm also trying to still make time to draw, so that's taken up my writing time. If you guys have an suggestions or comments, they're definitely welcomed. Pleeeeeeaaaassssseeee help me come find a better chapter title!!!!

Adios!✌️😉