Chapter 4

Redkit wakes up. And yawns she stretches and trots outside. She looks around Nightkit trots over to her. "Let's go play!" Redkit leaps after him and they leap onto the two apprentices. Redkit tackles shellpaw and she snarls she shakes her off. Redkit leaps back on and nips her ear. Shellpaw rears and throws her off sending her flying. The other apprentice gasps at what shellpaw did. "Leave me alone!.... Kits!....."

Redkit lays unmoving on her side. The wind knocked out of her. Nightkit runs over to her. And licks her cheek. "Redkit!" He yowls and she leaps to her paws. She backs up her fur on end. Nightkit backs up his ears flattened. She stops and shakes her head to clear it. She trots over to him. "I-I'm sorry it was just a reaction." She says and licks his ear. "I-I just need sometime alone!" She says and runs into the nursery his eyes full if sorrow.

Redkit sighs and trots over to a rock and lays down. She sighs her head on her paws. Bluekit trots over to Nightkit. "Hey what's wrong?" He asks. "N-nothing." He says. "Did you and redkit get in a argument?" He says. "No I j-just need time alone!" He yowls and runs to his nest. "Okay?..." Bluekit says and trots away. He sits next to redkit and licks her ear. "It's okay your gonna be fine." He says purring. "I-I don't know what i did!" She says whimpering. "I hope he isn't mad at me!" Blue kit licks her ear. "Don't worry redkit." Redkit sighs.

Redkit trots into the nursery. "I-I'm sorry Nightkit." He looks up. "It's not you who has to be sorry it's shellpaw and are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah sort of my side just hurts that's all." He nods and trots over to her. He licks her cheek and curls his tail around her paw. She smiles and they trots into there nest together. She curls up with him and purrs.

Redkit wakes up and squeals. "Bluekits being made a apprentice hurry up!" She yowls and runs out of the den. She sits down and Nightkit walks after her. "From this moment forward you will be known as bluepaw! You will train hard as a apprentice and until then you are now a apprentice of jay clan! Your mentor will be leopardfire!" Leopardfire trots up and touches her nose to his happy that she gets to mentor duststars kit.

They trots out of camp and walk around the territory when redkit and Nightkit sit purring. And play fighting together. "Don't worry we will be apprentices soon!" He says to her excitedly.