What Just Happened?

So today Chef Ramsay is coming over to my house. I run around cleaning up everywhere. Literally everywhere, even places he wouldn't be. I have to look good. I went through my closet and found a turquoise-y dress. I put on a little makeup and curled my hair. Haha I looked like I was getting ready for a date! I slid on silver sandals that had jewels in the middle, a turquoise anchor necklace and a headband that went across my forehead that had a silver chain wrapped around the turquoise braids. I decided to wear a long sleeved, white, half jacket.

Knock knock

"Coming!" I ran to the door and smoothed out my dress. I opened the door and held out my arm welcoming him in. Chef Ramsay looked around at my house.

"What a lovely place!"

"Thank you. It was my mothers until she died. She left it in my name, paid off of course."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear about your mum."

"Nah don't sweat it."

"How old are you?"

"17"

"Really?! Only 17 and living alone?"

"Well yeah. My mom was my last family so I'm alone now. But I manage."

"Well," he handed me a card with his number on it, "if you ever need anything, anything at all, call me. Okay?"

"Thank you."

"So uh, I came to talk to you."

"Oh yes. Um what about exactly?"

"You being a chef." I walked over to the small couch sitting in the middle of the room and sat down.

"Please, sit down." I thought he'd sit on the opposite end but he sat right next to me.

"You look great by the way. Was this all for me?"

"Oh um...yeah.." I looked down at my feet, blushing. Chef Ramsay grabbed my chin and pulled my face up to look at him.

"Hey now don't be embarrassed. No one has ever dressed up just because I was visiting. I'm flattered. Truly!"

"I don't know why not. You're fuckin hot," I laughed. Chef Ramsay let go of my chin and started laughing. Damn he has a cute laugh. "Sorry I didn't mean to...sorry."

"Oh please don't apologize, Marina! Thank you for that compliment."

"Okay so. Seriously, what'd ya wanna ask me?"

"Ah yes. I want to know why you started cooking in the first place."

"The whole story?"

"Please."

"Well, I've been interested in cooking ever since I was 10, but it wasn't until I was 13 that I fell in love with cooking. I started watching Kitchen Nightmares and learned a lot. When I was 15 I started applying for jobs at restaurants and in a few months and some days, I landed the job I have now."

"So my show started your career?"

"Yup. You inspired me."

"So what did you do between the ages of 10 and 13?"

"Went through difficult times mostly."

"Like?" I gave him and unsure look. "You can trust me."

"Well, I was diagnosed with a major case of depression. I have anxiety, too. But it's not as serious as my depression. I tried committing suicide when I was 11, and obviously failed."

"How?"

"Overdose. I'm an insomniac and used to stay up thinking of ways to commit suicide that would actually work. When I realized I didn't have the guts to try again," I pulled up my sleeves revealing my scars and sort of fresh cuts; I mean it's not like I cut last night but they were still red, "and I started self harming. At the age of 12 my mom sent me to a behavioral health clinic hoping it would do me some good, but it didn't. When I got out I was still the same. I just got better at hiding it. My mother died when I was 13. I..I didn't think I could make it without her, but here I am." I didn't notice I was crying until Chef Ramsay wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I started letting it all out.

"Shh shh. It's okay. I'm here. It okay. I promise you it's okay. I'll help you through this. We can make it, you and I."

His shirt was soaking by the time I stopped crying.

"I'm sorry! I soaked your shirt...god I'm so pathetic."

"No. No you're not pathetic. You're wonderful. And don't worry about my shirt, darling! I have plenty more!" He grabbed my chin again and stared into my eyes. "You're so beautiful." He started leaning in and his eyes flickered from mine, to my lips, to my eyes again. I leaned into him and attached our lips. I felt sparks. Fireworks. It was like the Fourth of July. I had butterflies in my stomach. I pulled away to ask him, "You felt that too, right?"

"Yeah."

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. He leaned his forehead against mine and looked down at me. I gave him a huge smile which he kindly returned. We lied back on the sofa with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"So," he started, "I really like you. Bloody hell, I may even love you."

"I really like you too, Chef."

"Oh please, call me Gordon!"

"Alright, Gordon." I couldn't stop smiling. I can't believe it! He likes me! He really really likes me!!

"Marina..."

"Yes?"

"Would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

"Oh, Gordon, yes. Of course! Oh but...what about our age difference?"

"What about it?"

"What would people say?"

"Who cares? Who cares about age?"

I thought for a moment...no one I guess.

"Exactly. No one. I love you, Marina. Nothing or no one can change that."

"I know. I'm sorry. I really love you too.."

I nuzzled the side of my face into his muscular chest as he hugged me even tighter. I suddenly felt really sleepy. I guess Gordon noticed because right before I fell asleep I heard him say softly, "Go to sleep, princess. I'll be here when you wake up. I promise."