Shele Fidman

The next day I went to the bank because Gordon wanted a joint savings account. I disagreed at first because my mother always told me not to in case something happens like a break up, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. When I got there paparazzi were waiting for me like they have some sort of tracker in me. Why do they need pictures of me AT THE BANK anyways? I'll never understand.
"Marina! Smile!"
"Where's Gordon Ramsay?"
"When's the wedding?"
That set every single one of those paparazzi laughing.
"Soon I hope," I replied smiling at them and entered the bank.
"Good morning!" The bank teller greeted me.
"Morning," I threw my purse on the counter.
"How can I help you?"
"Um, I'd like to make a joint bank account with my boyfriend."
"Name?"
"Mine or his?"
"Yours, ma'm."
"Marina Catipondi."
"Hey is that Italian?"
"Yes, sir."
"Cool. And his?"
I cleared my throat. If he didn't know my name, he won't believe I'm dating the most famous chef.
"Gordon Ramsay."
He busted out laughing. I knew it.
"You're kidding right?"
"No, sir, I am not kidding you."
"Well-"
"Well, well, well, look who we have here," a woman's voice called out from behind me.
Wait, I know that voice!
I slowly turned around to speak to the woman, "Ms. Fidman. How do you do?" I tipped my hat like we were on a classic 80's movie.
"I'm fine. Except for when you STOLE MY MAN!"
I held out my hands in defense, "Woah, woah, woah! I didn't steal anyone from anybody missy! You two were already broken up when we found each other."
"'When we found each other'? P-A-LEASE YOU PRACTICALLY RAN INTO HIS ARMS!!"
"Let's not start a scene here, okay?"
"LISTEN HERE-"
I cut her off by walking out of the bank. Once I got in the car I turned the key and started driving home.

Was she right? Did I run into his arms? Did he even want me?

I don't even know anymore.
I started crying and my eyes got blurry. I dropped my head down onto the wheel and some dick in a huge Ford truck honked at me for going to slow. I wiped away my tears so Gordon wouldn't see them and sped up.

I pulled up at my house, or OUR house, I guess, and took a deep breath.

Don't let him know you were crying over something so silly.

I unlocked the door and went to the kitchen.
"Hey, babe," Gordon greeted me.
"Hi."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing at all. Why?"
"Oh. You just seem sad."
"Well I did get a visit from Shele."
"Oh no."
"It's okay. You'll probably see it in the paper tomorrow."
"Let's do something to take our minds off of it," Gordon said and lied his lips on the base of my neck.
"Um I don't want to be a bitch or anything but I'm afraid to..ya know...have..sex."
"Love, it's okay! I understand. I'll wait until your ready."
He's so understanding.
I turned around to him, " This is why I love you. You really care about me."
"I do. Now let's sleep, okay?"
"Okay."
And we headed up the stairs. We changed into pajamas and fell asleep cuddling.