Chapter 4: The One

After a moment of silence, everyone got back to their usual business. Wherever I went people made way for me and the bolt was still in my hands.

We all sat in a circle on the grass and they all begged me to tell them what happened. So I told them: how I calmed a raging sea and got the master bolt.

Whenever someone tried to touch the bolt it sparked with electricity until Chiron had to take it out of my hands, to Olympus. Chiron also suggested that I dressed differently- a white top that shimmered gold, shorts that shimmered silver and a white rose in my hair and no matter where I sat, the clothes never got dirty.

James also stopped taunting and teasing me. In fact all the satyrs bowed down when they saw me. Liam struggled to talk to me and his face went red.

Leila was with her brothers and sisters at the pavilion.

"Sorry for being rude," I apologized

"You're forgiven!" Leila smiled.

This girl was a bit too optimistic for my liking... I mean she was always so happy unlike children of Poseidon who are moody like their dad. Trust me, Athena isn't that happy either

A hand pushed me. It could only be Amy.

"Oops!" she said. "Didn't see you, Princess".

"Please don't call Me that" I said.

Amy snorted.

"Yeah, whatever. Just because you're Poseidon's little angel doesn't mean I'll respect you!"

Before I could reply, Liam came saying that Chiron would like to see me.

I found Chiron at the strawberry fields, picking up strawberries.

"I'm glad you could join me Phillipa," he said as I helped the centaur gather fruit. "I need to talk to you".

"Yes, Chiron" I replied

"Have you heard the legends?".

"No, Sir,".

Chiron took a deep breadth and began to speak. "Long ago, the gods used to combine their powers into their demigod children. These demigods were powerful like the gods themselves except they were not immortal. This resulted in deadly consequences until Zeus decided to destroy them all and it was said by the Furies that one day a multi-powered demigod would come by accident and they would be called The One".

I almost dropped a basket of strawberries.

"So I am The One?" I asked.

Chiron nodded warily.

Damn me! How could I not realise it? I tended to steal  a lot, I could charmspeak certain people, I was sneaky and I could summon lightning.

"How did it happen?" I asked.

"I suggest that you leave in the morning tomorrow on a quest to find information from your mother," Chiron replied, "I shall inform the camp".

Chiron took the basket from me and left me there in the fields.

As night fell, I was happy to go to sleep and hope of was just a dream.