Chapter 12: The Traitor

"Phillipa!" Leila screamed as I got beaten up by the word 'Death'

"Stay right where you are, Leila!" Amy hissed.

I slowly got up regaining my strength.

"Amy give back Hades's Helm!" I said.

"Idiot! I'm working with Hades," Amy laughed.

"Amy?" Liam mumbled.

"Hades gave me the helm and made it look like it was stolen. He then blamed it on Zeus and Zeus blamed it on you, trying to get rid of you. Then Hades summoned you and told you that the thief being me is in Miami and he made sure you would land up here where I can finally get rid of you," Amy explained. "And as for you ex-boyfriend," All eyes were on Liam now. "I don't approve of your relationship with Phillipa."

I turned to the blonde boy who kept his head down in embarrassment.

"Liam Anderson," I said in a rather venomous voice. "What's going on?".

Liam picked his head up.

"Amy and I used to be a couple," he said. "Then I dumped her the minute I set my eyes on you."

"Awww," James and Leila sang in unison. "How sweet."

Liam continued. "Phillipa when I first met you and especially the minute you were claimed I knew was a goner!"

Amy was huffing and puffin with jealousy and anger.

Before I could even react lightning or the master bolt came flying down so fast that I had no idea who it was coming at.

There was a blinding white light, an explosion and a muffled scream.

Leila was down on her back in the water, a hole was in her chest and her hair standing on end. Zeus had struck her dead with his master bolt and I realized that is was meant for me.

I ran towards the dead Leila, crying, screaming and cursing in ancient Greek.

"Why Zeus!? Why!?" I exclaimed.

Lightning check

water check

destruction check

and death... check

I turned towards Amy who had a straight face. My dark hair was in my face and my eyes shined with fire...

The sky became dark. In fact everything became dark-- the city's lights went off-- everything was dark

darkness check

I glared at Amy and her intense anger turned into something like fear, disappointment.

I pulled out Anaklusmos/ the mascara, uncapped it and it became a trident.

I let out my rage or in other words I caused an earthquake

earthquake check

A few tall building fell apart when the shaking stopped... But I had more up my sleeves.

I summonsed a wall of water to rise above my friends and I, (Including the dead, non-optimistic Leila) separating us from the traitor, Amy.

I formed a hurricane. I didn't care about the mortals! I just wanted to show Amy who's the boss here...

The wall kept us dry and out of the storm but everything outside the wall was unprotected. This hurricane which I could tell was not even a category five anymore, it was enough to make Hurricane Katrina, Sandy or Irene to look like a small breeze (no offense to my dad Poseidon who made those hurricanes)

I slowly made the storm calm down and the wall of water fell back into the ocean.

I looked all around me...

Everything was wet and disastrous... I hope Poseidon was not the scolding type...

Amy was still alive and wet... Very wet.

Amy stood before me, sword in hand, helm in the other.

"If you are truly The One, if you are truly brave, determined, fearless... Then you will fight me face to face without using any power of some sort,"

"Fine, daughter of Ares, you Traitor," I said, "Of course I'll fight you." The trident became a sword..

"Bring it on Idiot!".

We fought with our swords One on One.

Liam and James kept their distance.

"Should we help her?" Liam asked James.

"Nah, dude," said James. "It's a girl thing."

I hate to say this but Amy was pretty good at fighting. I couldn't blame her anyway, she was a daughter of Ares after all.

I lost balance and fell to the ground. Amy took her chance and held the tip of the sword to my throat.

"There you won! Are you happy now?" I said,

"Not really, Idiot all I need to do is kill you," Amy smirked.

I laughed because I had a brilliant idea.

"Why are you laughing, Idiot?" Amy hissed. "You're going to die."

"I'm laughing because I'll be going to the Elysium when I die," I lied.

The Elysium was where all the good people go. Close enough to heaven.

As Amy raised her sword about to stab me I summoned a huge wave to fall on top of her.

I got up and seized Amy's sword as well as the helm

There was no sign of her and the darkness disappeared.

I hugged Liam and sobbed on his shoulders.

"Leila's dead!" I struggled.

All Liam could so was hug me back.

We carried Leila to Olympus.

I needed to pay Zeus a visit