Chapter 2: Claimed

After an hour of crying in vain, James came in.

James was a satyr — he had the tail, legs and ears of a goat and the face and body of a human -- His hair was in thick dreadlocks and he had a few cases of acne.

When Liam saw me he almost fell back and James let out a sound that sounded a lot like a goat screaming. Soon enough everyone was trying to get a closer look.

"I don't believe it!" gasped James.

"Don't believe what?" I hissed at the satyr

"There's a trident above your head".

James was right. A three forked trident was above my head- the symbol of Poseidon.

Good news and Bad news.

Good news: I was finally claimed

Bad news: I was a child of one of the Big Three (Zeus, Poseidon and Hades)

Their children were said to be powerful than other demigods...

"I need to see Chiron," I said, leaving the cabin with everyone trailing behind me.

Chiron and Dionysus, other wise Mr. D were outside the Big House playing chess on the pavilion.

"Chiron," I said to the centaur. "I'm claimed".

The trident had disappeared the minute I got there...

"Is it?" asked Chiron.

"Yes, she's a daughter of Poseidon," said Liam

"It's about time,".

"But, Chiron, there has to be some mistake" I said.

James snorted with laughter. "When you were unclaimed you complained and now that you are claimed you're still complaining," he said. "Is there anything that can satisfy you, Phillipa?"

I glared at the satyr. James always seemed to push my buttons.

"There's more to me than that," I said.

James laughed a little more.

"James," said Avery. "Phillipa, is right".

"What do you mean?" asked Liam.

"In case you haven't noticed," Avery began. "Phillipa is sneaky like children of Hermes, she can charm speak like children of Aphrodite and her mood has some effect on the weather".

James became quiet immediately...

"A demigod with a twist," Avery muttered. "The One".

I lifted an eyebrow. "What?"

Everybody looked at me with dismay.

"You don't know?" gasped James with wide eyes.

"Of course she doesn't know!" hissed Amy, a daughter of Ares.

She was tough mean and daring and she has blonde hair and blue eyes.

"She's an idiot that's why," Amy continued.

Liam interrupted, "Don't call Phillipa an idiot," he snapped. " She's really smart... After the Athena cabin,".

"Liam, don't you dare stand up for Phillipa and I'll call her whatever I want," growled Amy.

Ever since I came to Camp Half Blood, Amy has always resented me. I had only tried to befriend her but she hated me too much.

"Amy" I said. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"I never knew a daughter of the Big Three would be so stupid," Amy replied not exactly answering my question.

When suddenly, a little too sudden...

Thunder roared from above and a fork of lightning danced across the sky, spreading its deadly fingers everywhere.

The camp's magical boundaries prevented bad weather from coming but that wasn't happened now.

The ocean rose towards the sky as if the sea and sky were about to fight. Before Chiron could give orders, a category five hurricane was coming in, preparing to destroy everything in its way.